Recent posts

Quote from: WAS on March 10, 2022, 12:14:09 PMYeah offsetting is probably the most hassle-free.

Here is a version 2. Basically with this one, you have control over the initial "slice" via precision start, and end. So it doesn't reall matter what elevation you are at, you can use the precision settings to dial in the area.
Hello WAS, I downloaded the tgd and tried to use it in my personal project, I loaded in the two shaders from the water node into my project. However the shoreline foams don't appear.  Only the blue ocean is visible.

I am using a heightfield I generated from world machine, and imported as a ter file in terragen, with a scale of 7996m on both x and y axis. I set the waterlevel to 950

I have worked with terragen nodes on few occasions. But I feel its the start and end multipliers that need tweaking. Sadly, my tweaks don't seem to work.  Please assist me in finding the best settings for my scene. Thanks

I can share the tdg file if needed.
Image Sharing / Re: Plants
Last post by Doug - Today at 07:55:35 AM
this is just a test picture

yes the Horizon needs work

i downloaded the Ferns

pumped up the light
Image Sharing / Re: Some recent works
Last post by Dune - May 01, 2024, 01:17:48 AM
Maybe so ;)
Last post by Dune - May 01, 2024, 01:17:10 AM
I don't think you should, it looks good to me. The horizon is a bit dull, so you could do something about that. Leave it out or add something.
Last post by Doug - April 30, 2024, 02:55:08 PM
You are welcome.

Here is another one with wood. Not to bad so far, i need to roughin it up more and displacement or something.
Last post by Stormlord - April 30, 2024, 12:56:02 PM
Yes the right mood, that's the answer...
Maybe I'm too technical...

Last post by Dune - April 30, 2024, 09:36:11 AM
I make them by eyeballing how it looks, then have my wife check them (she's better in colors). I know about your charts, I have them, but to be honest, I never use any charts. In some situations, I still have to change colors to get the right mood.
Last post by Stormlord - April 30, 2024, 07:18:30 AM
Do you have a chart for your colors, or do you just create them on the fly?

I once made some color charts for different situations... here is the one for grass colors.
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,28215.msg280624.html#msg280624

STORMLORD
Last post by Dune - April 30, 2024, 03:18:15 AM
Thanks Dirk.
Last post by Dune - April 30, 2024, 03:17:37 AM
They look good. Thanks for the link.