Update problem

Started by EdBardet, March 16, 2007, 01:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdBardet

I think I followed all the rules (uninstalled old version, copied the key file, etc) and still get the "Unable to find valid license key". The key file is right next to the shortcut file in the c:\program files\planetside... It wont work on  the  command line exe's either.

OK - What dummy mistake did I make??

Dark Fire

I would help you, but I can't - I have never paid for Terragen. Just email them.

rcallicotte

Not sure.  It didn't ask me for my license key and everything is peachy.  One idea I can think of - follow your original instructions.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Hi Knotian,

I will follow-up on this via your support email. If anyone else is having this problem please reply to this thread or send a message to support@planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

Costaud

Here is a recurrent problem, when I shut down the new update I got this error message not everytime maybe on 5 shut down the problem appear on 2.

Oshyan

Costaud, that sounds like an nVidia graphics driver issue. What kind of graphics card do you have? Make sure you have the latest updated drivers.

- Oshyan

Costaud

Effectively Oshyan you're right I have a nVidia GeForce 6600GT, I'll check for the driver.

Costaud

Problem sloved with the driver update thanks Oshyan  ;)

Arandil

Quote from: Costaud on March 16, 2007, 10:01:09 PM
Problem sloved with the driver update thanks Oshyan  ;)

I also have a 6600GT, what driver version did you have to go to, just the latest?

Costaud

DiscoBall

Seems like everyone here has a 6600 GT or GTX..lol

maya88

>:(

Why?

Oshyan

Maya, please try re-downloading the update. Also make sure you have uninstalled any previous versions of the Technology Preview before installing the new version.

- Oshyan