Recent posts

Terragen Discussion / Re: i have a Default shader, w...
Last post by Doug - March 15, 2024, 10:48:40 PM
thanks

i mean this one
Terragen Discussion / Re: i have a Default shader, w...
Last post by KlausK - March 15, 2024, 10:02:57 PM
You can load an image into the Displacement slot on the Displacement tab of the shader.
CHeers, Klaus
Terragen Discussion / i have a Default shader, what ...
Last post by Doug - March 15, 2024, 09:14:43 PM
i have a Default shader
what can i hook to the Displacement Image?
i tried a Image map shader, no go

Thanks
Terragen Support / Re: Terragen Sky Crashes
Last post by Kevin Kipper - March 15, 2024, 11:25:25 AM
Hi AtlJimK,

Thanks for your question.  Please try the following and let us know the outcome.

1. Make sure Terragen 4 is installed, licensed, and running properly on your computer.
2. Next, install Terragen Sky Early Access.  It uses the same license file as Terragen 4.
3. If the problem persists, please open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where Terragen Sky was installed, and run the program from the command line. If Terragen Sky does not run, please let us know if there is any information displayed in the command line that might provide us with information as to why Terragen Sky is unable to run.
Terragen Support / Terragen Sky Crashes
Last post by AtlJimK - March 15, 2024, 09:29:42 AM
W11 Pro, I9 14900k, RTX 4080 Super. Try to start and every time it begins to load the UI then quick quits to the desktop. Any fixes? Thanks.
Image Sharing / Re: The Rough-Hewn Shore
Last post by schmeerlap - March 14, 2024, 01:12:27 PM
Sounds good Ulco, but don't mention a low AA setting of 0.6 to Martin  ;D
Last post by Dune - March 14, 2024, 02:58:41 AM
It would be interesting to render some similar crops with different settings and see how much they differ in quality and speed. Might well be that detail 0.5 or even 0.4 and AA 6 only takes half an hour and doesn't overly hurt the eyes. At least low settings would be good for tests, until the whole setup is ready to make your move.
Terragen Discussion / Re: New external drive Tg4 can...
Last post by james adamson - March 13, 2024, 06:39:04 PM
There are differences for example I type python3 to run python. 3 being version
Terragen Discussion / Re: New external drive Tg4 can...
Last post by Kevin Kipper - March 13, 2024, 02:56:31 PM
Hi James,

As long as you can access the .py scripts on your network, you're free to place them where ever you like.  For example E:\Terrgen_Scripts\ and perhaps a subfolder for each script if they include documentation or supporting files other than the .py file.

Can you let us know what commands from the Hello RPC! Part1 are not working?  The blog post was written for a Windows system, but I wouldn't think the Python commands would be different across operating systems.

Last post by schmeerlap - March 13, 2024, 01:47:40 PM
Thanks again Martin, Ulco. I received my new computer back from being repaired (power supply unit failed) and I've just re-rendered the Rough Hewn Shore scene with it. I did rein back on the Micropoly detail as you advised to 0.6, and upped the AA to 8, and the scene rendered in 1hr 13 min, as opposed to 3hr 15 min on my old machine.