First successful test of rendering a TV-projection without greenscreen. completely rendered in Terragen 3.
I just wanted to test an idea how I could let run a TV program in my poolhouse.
I used the exported Temp.aaaa.bmp files from an older render job and imported them into an image map shader (temp.%04d.bmp).
The imagemap shader was my new input of the object-part's luminosity.
Many things now to adjust, like position and size of the film on the TV screen... (that means I will need a more accurate uv projection on the TV screen)
This is only a Test... no reference for a nice terrain ;)
The terrain is just the TG default and I set the sunlight quite deep to have adaequad "TV-time-darkness" ;)
I'm really happy that the principle works. I will need that for many scenes in my film. And somewhere in my brain a small voice is calling "you can do more with this technics" ;D ... next year, we will see where it goes...
That's really impressive. Well done.
Very clever indeed! It's oddly satisfying to see this.