Planetside Software Forums

General => Image Sharing => Topic started by: bobbystahr on November 27, 2018, 11:44:40 am

Title: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: bobbystahr on November 27, 2018, 11:44:40 am
Well this started playing with the Erosion plugin and when I got a result I sorta liked I decided to use only PBR textures for colour and smaller displacement. Pleased with that I added SSshaderFractalWarp road and this is the only procedural TG texturing...added some Fakestones to the road and then masonpappy gave away his log cabin so I dropped it in...scenically there's no possible reason for the lack of threes except the the ones that were there were used to build the cabin heh heh heh. C&C welcome
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: WAS on November 27, 2018, 03:10:53 pm
Ooohh I love the mood of this with the cabin In the field. Though with no distant trees it makes it appear either the cabin is huge or the mountains sma as you have no sense of scale to the background.
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: bobbystahr on November 27, 2018, 04:20:08 pm
Quote from: WASasquatch on November 27, 2018, 03:10:53 pm
Ooohh I love the mood of this with the cabin In the field. Though with no distant trees it makes it appear either the cabin is huge or the mountains sma as you have no sense of scale to the background.


but but but I did say they cut all the trees to build their cabin heh heh heh...the mountains are about 2 K away real world scale is in effect so with 2 grasses and that coverage at RWS my RAM on this old DELL runs out...sorry
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: DocCharly65 on November 28, 2018, 01:34:02 am
Nice start!
Perhaps with some objects as help for showing the dimensions it could look better? something like dry dead trees - one next to the cabin as comparison and then all 100-200 m. and a few spots shrubbery? :)
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: bobbystahr on November 28, 2018, 08:39:18 am
Quote from: DocCharly65 on November 28, 2018, 01:34:02 am
Nice start!
Perhaps with some objects as help for showing the dimensions it could look better? something like dry dead trees - one next to the cabin as comparison and then all 100-200 m. and a few spots shrubbery? :)


Good idea for when I get back home. The electric utility is shutting off power in my 'hood for 5 hrs from 9:30 A M till 2:30 P M frt maintainence so I'm off to the library presently.
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: Jo Kariboo on November 28, 2018, 08:52:16 am
Very nice clouds, I like the moods.
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: Ariel DK on November 28, 2018, 11:11:53 am
Great one, bobby.
reminds me Iceland. this is kinda: when you found the correct render that you should have presented in the Iceland Contest  ;D
it has happend me many times...
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: bobbystahr on November 28, 2018, 03:42:54 pm
Quote from: Ariel DK on November 28, 2018, 11:11:53 am
Great one, bobby.
reminds me Iceland. this is kinda: when you found the correct render that you should have presented in the Iceland Contest  ;D
it has happend me many times...


heh heh, I hadn't noticed as I'm very unfamiliar with Iceland. Couldn't have done this even then as we didn't yet have Daniil's plugin for the erosion part of my pipeline.
Title: Re: Erosion plugin and PBR textures
Post by: bobbystahr on November 28, 2018, 03:43:57 pm
Quote from: Jo Kariboo on November 28, 2018, 08:52:16 am
Very nice clouds, I like the moods.


Thanks Pierre, just a lightly tweaked Ver. 2 cloud. If you like I could post a .tgc