Planetside Software Forums

General => File Sharing => Archive (Broken Links) => Topic started by: lightning on March 16, 2008, 04:17:49 am

Title: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: lightning on March 16, 2008, 04:17:49 am
heres my olive tree i made i really like how it came out it looks brilliant in terragen 2 ;D
i have  made 4 different file types of this pack
tgo.
obj.
vob.
c4d.
will post the other two later on when they are uploaded :)
terragen version
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtzizmmgjxy (http://www.mediafire.com/?mtzizmmgjxy)
ashundar link
http://www.ashundar.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item355 (http://www.ashundar.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item355)
vue version
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxmh1uyxc2o (http://www.mediafire.com/?dxmh1uyxc2o)

the trees come with high quality bump maps and a reference guide.
please remember read the user liscence before using this model ;)

also i have noticed a lot of my uploads have only a few comments but have massive view numbers
so please drop a comment if you download its what i call manners
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: reck on March 16, 2008, 05:28:13 am
Hey Lightning,

You certainly turn these trees out fast and they are always a high quality.

Thanks a lot for uploading them for the benefit of the Terragen community.
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: Tangled-Universe on March 16, 2008, 10:03:25 am
Hey Lighting,

This model looks really good, thanks for sharing with us :)

Martin
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: Alf15000 on March 16, 2008, 10:08:54 am
As always...Very nice work ! And one pack/day...You work very quickly ! Thank you !
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: jcinbama on March 16, 2008, 10:41:25 am
very nice trees, thanks for sharing
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: Costaud on March 16, 2008, 11:07:09 am
Your trees and plants are so great and free.
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: lightning on March 16, 2008, 03:29:51 pm
thanks guys ;D
yeah im not actually making a tree from scratch everyday trees take ages to model sometimes up to a week to gather information about the plant or tree i want to model then actually modeling accuratly to the realplant can  i have just done it for about 8 months (a few plant projects a week) and finally built up a real big collection over a 1000 plants now takes up 62gb of my hard drive!
so all im doing is converting them into terragen format which only takes about 20 minutes
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: inkydigit on March 16, 2008, 05:06:19 pm
hey there Lightning....I have downloaded most of your files....thanks a bunch for sharing, it is much appreciated!
Cheers
J
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: old_blaggard on March 16, 2008, 10:52:47 pm
Would you be able to put these up on Ashundar?
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: lightning on March 16, 2008, 11:32:14 pm
Quote from: old_blaggard on March 16, 2008, 10:52:47 pm
Would you be able to put these up on Ashundar?

uploading now :)
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: choronr on March 17, 2008, 12:15:37 am
Thank you lightning; you are an ultimate resource. The time you spend on these models are greatly appreciated!
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: mindsap on March 17, 2008, 06:30:14 pm
More great stuff, thanks so much>> ;)
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: Mr_Lamppost on March 17, 2008, 06:48:30 pm
Many thanks for these and all your other trees.  I get most of them over at Ashundar where there is no direct way to leave comments about downloads.

In your licence you ask that you be credited for your objects, this is something that I try to do anyway but how should I de assigning credit?  Tree XXXXX by Lightning is fine for here or Ashundar but what if I post an image elsewhere; where you are not a member?

I am going to be reorganising my downloaded objects so that I can keep track of where they came from and who made them so that proper credit can be given but I have and imagine that many other people also have a whole bunch of things that I don't remember where I downloaded them from and who made them.  This situation is not made any simpler when objects have been uploaded by someone other than their creator. 

Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: lightning on March 18, 2008, 12:34:41 am
Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on March 17, 2008, 06:48:30 pm
Many thanks for these and all your other trees.  I get most of them over at Ashundar where there is no direct way to leave comments about downloads.

In your licence you ask that you be credited for your objects, this is something that I try to do anyway but how should I de assigning credit?  Tree XXXXX by Lightning is fine for here or Ashundar but what if I post an image elsewhere; where you are not a member?

I am going to be reorganising my downloaded objects so that I can keep track of where they came from and who made them so that proper credit can be given but I have and imagine that many other people also have a whole bunch of things that I don't remember where I downloaded them from and who made them.  This situation is not made any simpler when objects have been uploaded by someone other than their creator. 



just say lightning over on ashundar
or lightning over on planetside :)
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: cyphyr on March 18, 2008, 05:31:40 am
Excellent work, thanks for sharing :)
Richard
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: cyphyr on March 18, 2008, 05:39:27 am
Excellent work, thanks for sharing :)
Richard
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: rcallicotte on March 18, 2008, 07:47:43 am
I can't wait to try this.
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: lightning on March 18, 2008, 03:26:36 pm
this is a much better response
thankyou and enjoy it
im of on a geography trip at school for a couple of days then of hunting over easter so no there will be no new models for a couple of days i may upload some on friday see if i have got anytime :)
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: Mr_Lamppost on March 18, 2008, 08:42:55 pm
Quote from: lightning on March 18, 2008, 12:34:41 am
just say lightning over on ashundar
or lightning over on planetside :)


If I post images elsewhere I suppose that I can say something like "Trees provided by Lightening, available here:", and include a link to the Ashundar download.  This will be better once you have your web site up and running  ;D
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: moodflow on March 19, 2008, 09:16:14 am
Lightning, these look incredible!  Many thanks for these.

I do have a question.  Would you be able to make 3 different instances of the same model (for variation)?  Fomr the 3d tree apps I've used, its just a matter of hitting a randomize key once the tree is finalized.  Separate instances really help with breaking up the repetition, and gets rid of that "tree farm" look alot of renders have.  Unfortunately, 3 separate models means file sizes 3x as big.
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: lightning on March 20, 2008, 12:27:45 am
Quote from: moodflow on March 19, 2008, 09:16:14 am
Lightning, these look incredible!  Many thanks for these.

I do have a question.  Would you be able to make 3 different instances of the same model (for variation)?  Fomr the 3d tree apps I've used, its just a matter of hitting a randomize key once the tree is finalized.  Separate instances really help with breaking up the repetition, and gets rid of that "tree farm" look alot of renders have.  Unfortunately, 3 separate models means file sizes 3x as big.
thanks moodflow!
oh and yeah i can do 3 variations if you want i always try and do that anyway :)
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: moodflow on March 20, 2008, 09:49:12 pm
Thanks lightning.  As stated, this really helps break up the pattern of the "same ole tree".  I think packs of foliage should include atleast 3 different models of the same species.
Title: Re: Olea Europaea very realistic MUST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!
Post by: darthvader on April 25, 2008, 12:32:11 am
Lightning, thank you, without your models terragen2 wouldn't be nearly as fun to play with ;D