TG3 presets

Started by j meyer, August 21, 2013, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

Hi,
On opening the preset "stormy_complex_clouds_with_fog" I get an error message about
a parse error.Then it opens an empty group node.No window asking wether it should be
connected automatically or not pops up also.

"Planet_with_asteroid_rings_complete_scene" shows a strange behaviour of the population
progress bar window.As soon as the render button is pressed the little window pops up
showing 0% and then immidiately vanishes and the blue  windows "wait wheel" shows up,
it swaps between these continuously for some seconds,flickering.After that phase the progress
bar finally starts and then it seems to be ok.
Changing a value of the rock object the population is made of causes repopulating.

Thought I better let you know.

yossam

I can confirm on the sky preset.

jaf

This may be the problem.  In line 30 of the tgc, you will see the word "secondary" (with the double quotes.)  I changed it to 'secondary' and at least it loads now without errors. 

I believe gui_note_text requires opening and closing quotes (").  My guess is the first double quote in "secondary" ends the gui_note_text and it doesn't know what to do with secondary" 

Maybe the notes were added after testing and it wasn't caught?
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

yossam

That works..............thanks.  :)

Oshyan

Thanks for the feedback. The quotes issue we had seen, but thought I had resolved it in the final. I guess not. I'll fix and update. I'll look into the planet rings scene issue.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

I've fixed the cloud TGC. Looking into the other issue...

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Any idea what happened to all the free stuff that used to live at the bottom of the download page. The only resources I can find at planetside are 2 trees, a hedge and an african violet.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

The only thing that isn't there anymore is a set of 5 free Xfrog models. We'll bring them back at some point, but they were cluttering up the page in our new download system. So we have to adjust some things first.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on November 12, 2015, 07:20:46 PM
The only thing that isn't there anymore is a set of 5 free Xfrog models. We'll bring them back at some point, but they were cluttering up the page in our new download system. So we have to adjust some things first.

- Oshyan
Odd that I didn't see the Presets zip that I got there then...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

It's there Bobby. Scroll down...

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

D'oh...why could I not see that...senior's moments I guess...sorry fer hasslin ya man...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

That's alright. It's good to know you care. :D

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on November 14, 2015, 02:32:10 AM
That's alright. It's good to know you care. :D

- Oshyan

Old Moderators never retire...they just rant away...you'd think I would have recovered by now, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New