How do I change color in the main Window of Terragen 4?

Started by PeterParker, September 09, 2016, 10:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterParker

Does someone know how to change the overall color in Terragen 4 like shown in this YouTube Video?
It´s all dark-Grey. A nice Color to work with.

Thanks a lot

Stormlord

The colors can't be set normally. But you are able to edit the color with the help of the registry editor.
Please allow me to note, that you must changed more than one color, each button, window frame, bar and so on has its own color in RGB Value.
R-G-B = Red-Green-Blue => 255-255-255 is white for instance. So find out which color you must change within your registry and do not forget to save your original color values !
If you have no idea, what I'm talking about, just forget it...

Otherwise...
Start your Registry Editor

Search here...
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors]

Edit these colors...
"ButtonFace"="194 198 210"
"Menu"="194 198 210"
"MenuBar"="194 198 210"

Reboot...
Voila... your color within the program now should like the attached screenshot which I've made from my poposhop CS5

Finito la muzika... :-)

STORMLORD

PeterParker

Quote from: Stormlord on September 09, 2016, 02:03:40 PM
The colors can't be set normally. But you are able to edit the color with the help of the registry editor.
Please allow me to note, that you must changed more than one color, each button, window frame, bar and so on has its own color in RGB Value.
R-G-B = Red-Green-Blue => 255-255-255 is white for instance. So find out which color you must change within your registry and do not forget to save your original color values !
If you have no idea, what I'm talking about, just forget it...

Otherwise...
Start your Registry Editor

Search here...
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors]

Edit these colors...
"ButtonFace"="194 198 210"
"Menu"="194 198 210"
"MenuBar"="194 198 210"

Reboot...
Voila... your color within the program now should like the attached screenshot which I've made from my poposhop CS5

Finito la muzika... :-)

STORMLORD

Hello Stormlord,

thank you very much for your description :-)
That helped a lot!
It would be great to have this in the options in Terragen.

Best regards

Peter

Oshyan

We'll be providing a "Dark theme" in the future, but it's not yet available.

- Oshyan

Stormlord

Hello Stormlord,

thank you very much for your description :-)
That helped a lot!
It would be great to have this in the options in Terragen.

Best regards

Peter
[/quote]

My Pleasure Peter :-)

STORMLORD

reck

Quote from: Oshyan on September 12, 2016, 05:10:33 PM
We'll be providing a "Dark theme" in the future, but it's not yet available.

- Oshyan

That's good to hear. I think the interface looks great I dark mode and much prefer it over the standard interface.

I know a few people have commented about the look of the interface on that video m

Oshyan

Indeed, dark themes are very popular now for content creation apps. I believe in that video it was just a dark Windows theme, which means if you find a similar theme you can get a similar effect today, assuming you are willing to have all your windows look like that. ;) But we do plan to provide a separate dark UI option for Terragen specifically in the future.

- Oshyan

reck

I think it's great for Terragen but I don't want that theme to affect everything on my computer so I'll wait until TG supports it.