Sunset

Started by overlordchuck, December 09, 2007, 12:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overlordchuck

Here's a new image.  The darn thing took over 20 hours to render.

</a>

rcallicotte

I can see why 20 hours.  Very good.  A little grainy in the water, for some reason.  What were your settings?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

20 hours for this seems to be pretty fast ^^
good one

old_blaggard

Great rays, clouds, and lighting!  A little more texturing would have brought this image more to life, but it's still very easy on the eyes :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

overlordchuck

Yeah, I agree with the water.  I just kept the water on default settings, which is probably why it's grainy.  I find that if I mess too much with the water, it usually either kills the render time or looks awful :(  Again, everything looked great in a small render.

dhavalmistry

as others said...I would work on water and if I were you I would also remove the planet from the sky!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

I don't know, DH.  If the planet were a bit smaller...well, it doesn't matter.  That's just our preferences.  Eh?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: calico on December 10, 2007, 09:42:14 AM
I don't know, DH.  If the planet were a bit smaller...well, it doesn't matter.  That's just our preferences.  Eh?

well..I believe that it feels more cozy if we knew the image was from earth rather than from space....ti me it feels more earth-like without the planet and I could imagine doing things on beach (and dont have fear of some one telescoping me from the planet in the sky ;))....

but of course as you said...its our prefrences
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

green_meklar

QuoteThe darn thing took over 20 hours to render.
Then it was worth it! This is an excellent image! Clouds are good, trees are good, sun is good, water is a bit grainy like they said but you might be able to combat that with the right settings. As for the controversial planet...I think it's okay from the perspective of Terragen users, but a layperson might not recognize what it's supposed to be. It is rather necessary in order to add detail to that area of the sky, but it might look better if it were smaller (it's too bad you can't get more of it lit up due to the relative angle of it and the sun).
You know what's worse than not being able to do anything right or make anything good? Not being able to blame it on anyone but yourself.

chefc

20 hours well spent great render
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

overlordchuck

Thanks a lot guys.  I'll go back soon and re-render it, maybe tinker with the water some and take the planet out just to see how that turns out.  Thankfully I get off for Christmas this week, so I'll definitely have some spare time.  However, I'm not entirely sure what to do with the water, since I have the regular unpurchased Terragen...also, I did render another planet to the left, but I didn't realize until after the render that it was behind the clouds, so I should take that out, too.  I'm sure that would decrease render time by a substantial amount.