The Sea of Nurnen

Started by fleetwood, November 10, 2016, 04:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

... Lorach had slipped by the orc camp in the night in the stolen canoe, so far so good, but which way now ? Could that be the fabled island of Lycanthropes  in the distance ? Better steer clear of that.

Began with one of Luc Bianco's old very hard edged style cloud settings converted to V3 clouds.
XOIO figure, xfrog, Tom's canoe.

archonforest

Beautiful colors!!
Great land.
No like the clouds :-\
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

fleetwood

The clouds are very hard but I still found them interesting.
A softer version.

Dune

Yes, the second one is what I like more as well. Upper render's clouds are way too artificial. I like the breaking up rock.

DocCharly65

Very nice colors in this compositon!

mhaze

Excellent, I prefer the feel of the first clouds but agree the softer clouds are more realistic. Great rocks and interesting colours.

DannyG

Looking good, mimic the majority of comments above. I did the clouds in the first but they do look a bit artificial maybe darkening them a bit, less transparency
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on November 11, 2016, 04:16:57 AM
Excellent, I prefer the feel of the first clouds but agree the softer clouds are more realistic. Great rocks and interesting colours.

I as well am attracted to that type of 'comic book' cloud...goes back to my comix makin era I guess but the current me loves the 2nd iteration...the whole scene grabs me really....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist