lack of support!

Started by Kevin F, June 05, 2008, 03:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Anybody else notice the lack of support from Planetside staff lately? Let's hope there all too busy getting the Beta released soon. Any info would help guys, after all how many times do we have to ask for update information.
You do make problems for yourselves!

rcallicotte

Kevin, do you think their absence is a lack of support?  I don't see any open tickets or open questions right now.

But, maybe you're talking about the fact Planetside hasn't been visiting the site lately.  Maybe that's a good thing.  Thinking about it, how would Matt or Jo program if they're answering our questions or how could Frank or Oshyan or Old Blaggard answer our questions and still test the next release? 

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

Quote from: calico on June 05, 2008, 03:38:38 PMThinking about it, how would Matt or Jo program if they're answering our questions or how could Frank or Oshyan or Old Blaggard answer our questions and still test the next release?

But it doesn't exactly take them a whole day to just pop in and say a few words on how things are going :)
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Tangled-Universe

It seems a bit quiet indeed. I have sent some e-mails to the staff lately and they all haven't been handled yet, one was even a couple of months ago but I think Oshyan really forgot it. I agree with Calico, there aren't really any topics really with really demanding questions, though I'm a bit surprised that the staff was aloof when things got pretty heated up in the Terragen 2 Release Announcement Discussion thread a while ago. There were about 4 or 5 pages with quite a discussion/complaints regarding policy etc. in just a couple of days and there was no or rare response from PS.
So maybe indeed something is going on. Don't know. We'll see :)

Martin

rcallicotte

10-4, over and out.   ;D

Quote from: sjefen on June 05, 2008, 03:49:18 PM
But it doesn't exactly take them a whole day to just pop in and say a few words on how things are going :)

Kevin F

Quote from: calico on June 05, 2008, 03:38:38 PM
Kevin, do you think their absence is a lack of support?  I don't see any open tickets or open questions right now.

Yes,I certainly do! Take a look at the support section. Matt was the last one to reply there and that was May 29th - a week ago!
Mean while problems are being addressed by us, (the nearly blind leading the nearly blind).

I could go on and on but I won't. It rarely gets you anywhere with PS.
I just wish they'd improve communications and keep people informed and supported. God, if they want extra help I'll give them some for free. I've got all the time in the world to help!

rcallicotte

Kevin,

We are helping and we're mostly not ignorant of the product.  Most of the issues for the last week, if not all, have been answered by us.  That's the strength of a forum. 

The circumstance is that we want the next version.  That means the few who are working on it can devote time to that; not to a few problems that the end-user community can figure out on their own.  I understand you and a few might feel differently, but I must ask, "What do you want?"   

Oshyan

I'm sorry if you've felt unsupported over the last few days. Having caught up on the forums after a couple day absence I saw a few issues where my input was useful, but most seemed to be of more general discussion, or image/file sharing posts. In general I keep up on the forums every day, but my other job has been extremely busy lately, and I was also away from home a few days. Even when keeping up on the forums regularly sometimes days go by where little or no real support input seems needed from us.

In regards to the TG2 release announcement thread, we did discuss it a bit, and essentially there is not much we can say that has not already been said. People vent their frustrations, and perhaps that's good for them (one hopes). The best thing we can do is work toward the next release, which is the one thing that will probably help the most. I do agree that there could have been another development update more recently, and that may have helped as well. The short answer is that we're working on the next update and determining with testing on the current internal version what kind of release will be appropriate. We want to make another release soon regardless since the memory leaking TP3 has been out for some time already. So you should see something soon. I will be back to normal on the forums now as well.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte