Another Contest?

Started by jbest, November 18, 2011, 11:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbest

Hey guys,

It's been a while since the last NWDA & Planetside Animation contest, will there be another one for 2011 before time runs out, or was that contest one and only?

Cheers,
Jbest
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

plugsnpixels

Plugs 'N Pixels is willing to be a sponsor again (see issue #18 here).
Free digital imaging ezine
www.plugsandpixels.com

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

I'll ask Frank what he thinks about it.
Looking at the last contest I think it should be a bit more easier one this time. Not too easy though ;)

If anyone has suggestions on cool themes then drop them here! :)

Cheers,
Martin

otakar

I vote for getting the last contest wrapped up first. We've been waiting for the animation for way too long.

Tangled-Universe

I see your point. Though, the last thing to be wrapped up is the animation itself. I don't know at which stage Oshyan is with that.
Nonetheless I think it should not be a reason to start (thinking about) a new contest. The main concern is for the prize-winner, which was Dune.

TheBadger

I am interested in a new contest. I think finally I may be ready to participate in one.
Perhaps Dunes animation could be reveled on the start date of the new contest, it would make a good promotion, and help to inspire people while giving a good example of high standards.
It has been eaten.

Zairyn Arsyn

i would like there to be another contest, though i dont know if i would participate or not yet
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

jbest

I would participate in another contest if another one pops up. They're great fun :)
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Dune

I would, if I'm not disqualified  ::)

How about... volcano as a subject. You can get all sorts of views and interpretations, from boiling mud to spouting geysers, smoke, or dormant and overgrown with trees, with or without ruined villages.....
Perhaps with the restriction that the volcano itself should not be a '3rd party generated terrain' but internal TG.   

FrankB

Thank you for the interest, everyone, despite that we haven't completely wrapped up the previous one!
As a matter of credibility, NWDA won't start a new one before the last piece of the previous prizes have been delivered.

Best regards,
Frank

Henry Blewer

At least I have a machine for pumping out better quality renders. Let's go for it around June or May.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

Quote from: njeneb on November 22, 2011, 08:21:08 AM
At least I have a machine for pumping out better quality renders. Let's go for it around June or May.

I truly hope that Oshyan can deliver the missing animation prize much earlier than that!

Kadri

Quote from: FrankB on November 22, 2011, 06:30:38 AM
Thank you for the interest, everyone, despite that we haven't completely wrapped up the previous one!
As a matter of credibility, NWDA won't start a new one before the last piece of the previous prizes have been delivered.
Best regards,
Frank

Nice stance  8) (no sarcasm)

Zairyn Arsyn

agreed, wrap up the last one, then do another one ;)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/