TG2 update

Started by dmobile1337, April 24, 2007, 11:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmobile1337

I have not received any email about the update to TG2 and I am getting no response at the email address provided in the announcements thread.  Does anyone know how to go about obtaining the update?

rcallicotte

I'm guessing you can probably download the installation from the TG2 website.  Your licensing should be fine, normally.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dmobile1337

so if I go to the website I can download the update for the deep edition?  which website?

rcallicotte

You know, what I actually did was get a link from Planetside.  Have you asked them about this?

Quote from: dmobile1337 on April 24, 2007, 11:34:41 AM
so if I go to the website I can download the update for the deep edition?  which website?

dmobile1337

I have sent a few emails, never get a reply.

dhavalmistry

are you a registered user???...if you bought the software before the update then you should get the email to download the update...if you bought the software after the update then the original email you got with your key should be the updated version....

if you are not registered user...then you can download it from planetside website(its the updated version with all the limitations of free version)

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/tech_preview.shtml
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

dmobile1337

Yes I am a registered user, I did not receive the email, I do not get any responses to my emails.

rcallicotte

Well, maybe someone from Planetside will see this then. 

dmobile1337

crossing my fingers.  thank you all for your help!

dmobile1337

Planetside rocks!  Just got the email and update tg2!  Thank you Oshyan and John!  You are both aces!

Oshyan

I'm glad to hear the issue was sorted out. In the interest of improving response time and customer service, can I ask which address you were emailing and how long it was before you recieved a response? Keep in mind that if your initial email was over the weekend it would not likely be answered until the next working day during the week.

Thanks,

Oshyan

dmobile1337

A fair question.  My last few emails were from my work address which may have been the source of the problem.  I am pretty sure my first email went out around the beginning of this month from the correct email addy around the time I noticed that there was an update mentioned in the announcements for this forum.  Unfortunately, Hotmail doesn't record sent items the way gmail or your exchange mail would so I don't have an exact date.  What does matter for me and any other users reading this is to make note of what email address you use to register, and use that email address in communications with Planetside.  That is the fastest way to get a response as it seems to be the way that you validate me as a registered user.  But once we got that mess all straightened out, response was less than a day.

Oshyan

Quote from: dmobile1337 on April 25, 2007, 11:18:11 AM
A fair question.  My last few emails were from my work address which may have been the source of the problem.  I am pretty sure my first email went out around the beginning of this month from the correct email addy around the time I noticed that there was an update mentioned in the announcements for this forum.  Unfortunately, Hotmail doesn't record sent items the way gmail or your exchange mail would so I don't have an exact date.  What does matter for me and any other users reading this is to make note of what email address you use to register, and use that email address in communications with Planetside.  That is the fastest way to get a response as it seems to be the way that you validate me as a registered user.  But once we got that mess all straightened out, response was less than a day.

Glad to hear it worked out quickly in the end. We do give priority support to registered users and it can be difficult to identify those users at times, so using your registered email address for contact is definitely a good idea. It's also important to let us know if and when you do change primary email addresses as that can help avoid these kinds of notification problems.

- Oshyan