The lost path

Started by DocCharly65, May 24, 2016, 02:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

ok... yesterday I gave back the keys of my old home... new home-office-studio-computer-chaos seems running fine - so it's time to create another scene for the 2020 movie.

First I wanted to call it echo canyon (The file names are still like this) . But google says that it really exists and has not such a sandy ground as my canyon. So I call the image  "The Lost Path"  - for now  :)
My canyon was inspired by some pics of the Blue Canyon and the Antelope Canyon. I needed some time to get the white areas looking as I wanted via painted shaders, fractal breakup and coverage.

The sun behind you:

[attach=1]

The view into the sun:

[attach=2]

For the canyon I combined some technics of the canyon tutorials from Martin Huisman (it's in the tg3 professional presets pack)

I hope it will be a nice scene with playing around with funny sound effects later  :)

...and now
let's see what I missed the last months. I hope nobody is angry if I don't comment all new images from the last two/three months.. ???

DocCharly65

...and some minutes ago, the first 3d-Version was ready too (for red blue glasses):

[attach=1]

Hannes

DocCharly65

masonspappy

I gotta get me some 3d glasses just to see what these look like

Dune

Good to see you working again, Nils. I like the canyon, especially the first version. Nice stuff lying around also.

DocCharly65

Thank you  :)

Another reason for doing a new image was checking all PCs if they work again. especially my "fast i7". I upgrated on win10 and seems it runs fine (after teaching him network functionallity again  ::) ??? :P - strange behavior)

In this project I first recognized something, I cannot identify if it's an xfrog- or terragen- bug.

Some xfrog plants show weird warnings but render fine. In TG3.3 it was all ok now in 3.4 I get this with many plants:

[attach=1]

But all renders work fine - I also tried older tgd stuff - same error but only with same plants.

ajcgi

That's a nicely composed scene ;)
OBJ files are historically odd. If they work they work. Are they being pulled across a network or are they local?

DocCharly65

Thanks AJ :)

I always put my needed files (obj, tgo, tgc, tgd, pop-cache and others) into one local project folder. The files for one object like obj/mtl/textures are always in seperate subfolders to keep the overview - especially when I pause a project for longer time.
At the moment I think it happens only with obj files of the xfrog oceanic collection (you can se because of the "...OC..." in the file names. But all textures are there and are rendering fine. In the older TG3 versions the same plants never caused this kind of warning.

Usually I would never mind because my renders are obviously ok, but if I would send the files to pixelplow for rendering, the renderjob could fail. So it would be interesting to find a solution before I start animation rendering there again.

I think I will copy this to the Terragen support section...

DocCharly65

As I wrote in the support post I could repair the tgd completely. 0.0 Errors / 0.0 warnings  ;)

For testing a render I chose a new pov... and I chose a new challenge for my animations... guess, who is r2's new friend...  8) :o ;)
There are one or two ideas to animate that little robot's rolling spherical body, but this has to wait. the fast PCs are still rendering some helicopter scenes.

[attach=1]

and the anaglyphic 3D version:
[attach=2]

mhaze

Excellent stuff, great canyon and good use of veg and props.

Jo Kariboo

I like the last one! Nice light!

DocCharly65

...we get closer and closer to the animation job  :)

Here some more studies of the canyon and the robots:

[attach=1]

View from the opposite side - In the animation later it will be ok, but for a still shot I don't really like the bark of the tree.

[attach=2]

Hannes

Great lighting, especially in the first image of your last posting!