Temperate Desert Steppe

Started by AP, September 25, 2016, 05:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Somewhere along the semi-arid flood plains.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Antoine

DannyG

Very nice, the background rock textures are spot on
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

Fantastic use of resources! Great contrast of sand and rock mid-level there!

Kadri

Nice.
Not sure if you need that rock on the left bottom.

Oshyan

Very nice. I like the variation in land forms and textures from foreground to background. I agree that the foreground rock on the left isn't adding much, but if it were a more interesting rock it could be good...

- Oshyan

AP

Thank you everyone. Yes, the idea was to have a variance of land forms all in the same area. All procedurally eroded and using all custom made vegetation. One reoccurring issue is having to use AO rather then GI as the yellow green tint would appear using the GI. I switched back and forth several times and the same effect occurred.

Dune

Background is very good, I agree. The contrast between types of ground is really nice. But the foreground is too simplistic, IMO. If you can work that out you have a very good render. Just plain sand would even be better than what you have now, perhaps with some dried dead branches or spots of bleached grass to break it subtly.

AP

What I could do is fill in the foreground more with the existing grass. I could also add in some more tall and dry/bleached grass. Perhaps two to three grasses added? I wanted to limit the sand to the washout channels and sediment deposits.

mhaze

Background is very good. The difference between types of ground is very good but, I too, dislike the rock and feel there needs to be some foreground focus or narrative.

bobbystahr

great image and I'll reserve comment till I can do better....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Great render so far.

A little C from me (only things I could do, too  -   to relate on bobbies comment  ;)  )
In the foreground either delete the big boulder or make it more interesting with a lizzard and some DOF
In the backgound I personally would raise the snowy part some (100?) meters and make the bottom a bit more fuzzy.

But in general a great picture!

AP

There are a couple of yellow green tinted areas of error but overall, I am done for the time being.

masonspappy

definitely prefer the 2nd image