Cloud rendering is blurry

Started by zhy, May 23, 2024, 11:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zhy

为什么即使质量设置得非常高,云仍然模糊?我的渲染大小是 4096x2048    Cameras: Spherical

Kevin Kipper

Under the cloud layer's Optimisation tab, what value is the "Millions of voxels" parameter set to?  Depending on the size of the cloud layer you may need to increase the value.  Is the checkbox for "Visualise voxels" enabled?  If so, try disabling it.  

Under the cloud layer's Quality tab, try tweaking the value for the Quality parameter as needed.

zhy

感谢您的回复。
• 这个云是云层v2,我试了一下Easy Cloud,发现它不模糊,效果相当不错。是因为云层 v2 是特别高的云,即使质量很高也会模糊?
• 我的设置为百万体素 999,并且 Visualise 体素已关闭

zhy

Cloud layer v2

pokoy

Try increasing the Quality parameter from Quality tab - set to 1.5 or 2 and see if that helps. It will make the noise more detailed, keep in mind this increases render times, too.

zhy

I've been practicing with Terragen 4 recently and trying to create HDRI, attempting to control the shape of clouds but it seems not easy to manipulate. Could you share some tips and tricks about controlling the shape of clouds? :-* :-*
• I have already tried using random seeds and image projection

Matt

Cloud edges can start to appear too smooth when the opacity becomes low and the fractal roughness is not high enough. Large shapes tend to look best with roughness somewhere between 1 and 2, but cloud edges look better with roughness much higher than this, e.g. 4 or more. Easy Cloud has some built-in features that help to avoid this, but Cloud Layer V2 and Cloud Layer V3 need some extra work to make the edges look good. Try adding another density fractal with a smaller scale (e.g. 500) and high roughness (e.g. 4). You can combine the two fractal nodes with an "Add Scalar" node.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

zhy

Thank you, everyone. I would like to ask if the clouds in Terragen 4 can be controlled in any shape? I found that generating clouds using random seeds is not very efficient. Is there any other way?