A mountain scene

Started by MF_Erwan, March 28, 2009, 03:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MF_Erwan

I'm pretty proud of this (again!) fully procedural landscape, especially the grass:

Since it looks like Naboo, I plan to add one of the Battle tank of the Trade Federation. And change the atmosphere also. I think the name "War in paradise" will be a good one for the final image.

Erwan

Mohawk20

Nice...
Good idea about the tank.

You do need some trees in the foreground though.
Howgh!

rcallicotte

Nice work.  Beautiful grass.  I love the naked field (though maybe it could use some more randomization), but nudity isn't allowed on this site...so...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mohawk20

Heheh, funny Calico...

A thought that just occurred to me: if you change the colour of the brightest green of the grass a littler bit, make it less saturated, a bit more gray, it would add a bit to realism and make the field look a bit softer as well.
Howgh!

domdib

I think it looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of haze, so I'd tone it down a little to get a better view of the background. And maybe add a few clouds, to add interest in the sky, but more particularly, to get the cloud shadows to give more realism.

Mohawk20

The haze helps in scale issues... Lets us see how far away (and thus how big) the mountains really are.
So you shouldn't get rid of the haze. Also from a realistic point of view...
Howgh!