Glass

Started by MGebhart, May 21, 2010, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

IOR/-1.33, Reflectivity/0.01, highlight intensity/0.01.

[attachimg=#]

Kadri

Interesting topic and results. Thanks guys :)

Oshyan

Quote from: dandelO on May 27, 2010, 10:08:51 AM
Quoteso it's not surprising it doesn't work well

Not trying to be farty but, it really did used to work well, Oshyan. See the image in the first post of the 'water shader optimizations?' thread.
I hope Matt discovers where the actual problem lies and that some solution can be put into place.

These have been really great threads with lots of good input from everyone.

I don't doubt it. But I don't know if Matt will be able to find any possible errors without some specific, reproducible example files (TGD) and/or specific versions numbers where something is verified to work differently (and preferably) to now. If you can, for example, determine that the original 2.0 release worked as hoped, then we can test against that and determine the differences. We'd really appreciate some help in tracking this down.

- Oshyan

MGebhart

Last time, again.  :P
Marc Gebhart

zionner

Hey guys! =)

I was keeping an eye on this thread, and I saw the results that Dandel had, and it made me think of a portal-like effect (I know thats not what you were going for) but I decided to see what I could get from that, and this was my first result (Sorry, I hope I'm not Hi-jacking your thread =) and also, I know I forgot to take off a few settings, like casting shadows =( ):

MGebhart

That's kinda cool.

Don't worry about  Hi-jacking. As long as you are in the ball park it's fine.
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

What a thread this has turned out to be, eh? :D
Since Marc posted a simple glass shader a few days ago we've; played with our balls, mixed them with other user's, discovered some bugs(crabs, perhaps?), found multiple different glass techniques, cast a few shadows, removed our in-sides, inverted our indices and now we've opened a portal! Bravo! 5+. ;)

It's difficult for the eyes to decipher, looking at these inverted indices, don't you think? Very strange.
The highlights are especially difficult to control here, see the squared AA blooming?
Cool 'portal', though!

Did I mention I found another grey hair in my beard? It was reflecting a strange light in the mirror! :D

Oh and, yes: Marc, you have been well-and-truly 'JACKED, man! Sorry! ;)

EDIT: HAHAAA! HE SAID BALL PARK! HAHAAA! :D ;) :D

MGebhart

Quote from: dandelO on May 29, 2010, 05:57:33 PM

Oh and, yes: Marc, you have been well-and-truly 'JACKED, man! Sorry! ;)

EDIT: HAHAAA! HE SAID BALL PARK! HAHAAA! :D ;) :D

LOL. If this is the worst that happens I'm ok with it.
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

It's bloody lucky we don't also have TG2 internal cylinder objects to play with, as well, eh?

Then we'd be in real trouble!  :-X :-[ ::) ;)

EDIT: I think I need to quit with these smileys now, I look like a little girl! :-* :-* :-*

:-\

EDIT 2: may b I shud strt postn all meh thredz lk dis??? LOLZOLOLOL!!! wot do u fink? theyrz no pnt tryn to dny it N E longR! :-* LOLZASFK!!!!!!!!! 

MGebhart

Here is my last, Ha, clip.
Marc Gebhart

jritchie777

My mind has been on it several times to recreate the stargate event horizon.  Bravo, looking good!

Goms

hmm.... i think this gets out of hand. brilliant thread to follow. :)
just one question: are there really this often glass-spheres with a 1m diameter flying around that often? :P :P :P
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

Vyacheslav

Apologize for bad English.
Can Not live without using glass material.
Take the primitive sphere (not big) join; .tgc consisting of 10-12 alike  Reflective shader by turns join; to ball.Get at the average 11 black and 1 from glass.Under the repeated import .tgc , the result 9 black and 3 from glass.
Possible superimpose the textures on glass and additional shaders,but remember to take away the small flag with object Visible to other rays and at imposition of the textures to choose the colour a tone different from white.
Speed Reflective shader much above ,чем Water shader.

Vyacheslav

Alpha channel assessed on glass shader Sphere.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Vyacheslav on January 31, 2011, 03:51:01 PM
Alpha channel assessed on glass shader Sphere.
Vyacheslav....could you maybe post the .tgc files for these experiments as your English, although a good attempt for someone not native to it, leaves me confused, but your results give me hope and inspiration.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist