Why I Hate 3-D - Roger Ebert

Started by Kadri, May 01, 2010, 06:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

latego

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1282604/Hologram-TVs-IN-action-development.html this is way better than stupid eyeglasses!

Bye!!!

P.S.: a couple of days ago I tried again in one mall to see whether I could use glasses (there was a 3D TV monitor on show) and I did manage to fuse images. Well, that kind of snake was almost touching my face but... so what? actually the thing was somewhat amusing because the 3D effect of most pronounced in the middle of the screen, going to 0 at border (obvious) so it looked like things pouring out from the center of the image. No, thanks; either the full thing or nothing.

Kadri

Quote from: latego on May 31, 2010, 02:12:55 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1282604/Hologram-TVs-IN-action-development.html this is way better than stupid eyeglasses!
Bye!!!
P.S.: a couple of days ago I tried again in one mall to see whether I could use glasses (there was a 3D TV monitor on show) and I did manage to fuse images. Well, that kind of snake was almost touching my face but... so what? actually the thing was somewhat amusing because the 3D effect of most pronounced in the middle of the screen, going to 0 at border (obvious) so it looked like things pouring out from the center of the image. No, thanks; either the full thing or nothing.

2020 seems reasonable from a technological standpoint ! It will maybe to expensive at first , but they all are so at first !
Even now many country's have not HD broadcasting ! I doubt that there will be such a rapid transition !
Maybe not in 2020 . But more to 2030.

Who knows... Ordinary man can not see sometimes the difference between normal broadcast and HD.
But with HD and 3D there will be a gigantic difference . So the transition will maybe much faster driven.

Thanks for the link Latego  :)

PabloMack

I remember that I almost always agreed more with Siskal than I did with Ebert before Siskal passed away.  Because of that, I guess I am too ready to automatically disagree with Ebert just because I know who he is. 

Rhalph

Count me as another one who can't see 3D because of eyes problems... For me it's amblyopia (both eyes are good but my brain "ignores" one of them).
So no stereoscopic images, 3D or other things like this for me. And believe me, as a photographer and "beauty-of-nature-lover", it's very frustrating -_-

N810

Mark me as another one with inperfect eyes,
I have an astigmatism, this prevents me from
seeing the old sterio graphic (red/green glasses)
3d movies, but for some reason the tech they
uses with the polarized 3d glasses seems to work
on me, so I was able to see Avatar ok, but it
gave me a wicked headake for the first 1/2 hour
untill my eyes got used to the forced perspective.
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....