FIFA World Cup

Started by FrankB, June 18, 2010, 06:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

what happened? The French team lost. Before it started, I really thought they could win the game against Mexico, but it was a pretty sad gameplay in the end. Actually both teams weren't very convincing. What are the french newspapers saying about it?

neuspadrin

The US game that just finished had some HORRIBLE calls by the refs.  Almost all the bad calls going against the US.  They def should've won without those bogus calls.

FrankB

Same with the Germany game this afternoon. "Pussy Referee Alarm"  >:(

Pulled out yellow and red cards for NOTHING, dammit.

Rhalph

I'm a French who doesn't like soccer... From I learned the manager (Raymond Domenech) is someone who is very criticized. And the current team is bad, not fair-play, too much payed, etc, etc. So we the French team wouldn't have deserved to win anyway (we have never been really good at soccer anyway, except in 1998 where I sometimes wondered if we payed someone to win the match so easily ;D)

Edit: by the way, a few french people really hoped the team would win. It was to the point where some hypermarkets (Carrefour, Saturn) selled LCD TVs promising the customer that they would be refunded if the french team won the Cup!

PG

This tournament is becoming really funny. All the favourites (or even the not quite shit teams) are doing rubbish. France and Germany failing dismally (yes germany beat australia but Bolton could've beaten them), Brazil just barely held north korea off and the US are embarrasing themselves. I want to see Chile v Ghana in the final xD
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Walli

Quote from: FrankB on June 18, 2010, 12:43:30 PM
Same with the Germany game this afternoon. "Pussy Referee Alarm"  >:(

Pulled out yellow and red cards for NOTHING, dammit.

he pulled them out for both teams, so germany sill had a fair chance. They lost because they played bad, not more, not less. And actually you could see the problems in Australia game already, but back then all were doing party instead of doing a realistic look on the match

Seth

Rhalph explained the situation of France's team :)
They don't have the team spirit and are more convincing in doing commercials than in playing soccer.
I don't like soccer but i am forced to watch it at home by my son and my wife.
Viva Mexico for their win (and maybe thanks to them, the world cup won't be so important event in here anymore)

Listen to the german match ad thought about you Frank ^^
strange result !!!

FrankB

Quote from: PG on June 18, 2010, 01:58:02 PM
... Germany failing dismally ...

we'll be back ;)

Quote from: Walli
... he pulled them out for both teams, so germany sill had a fair chance. ...

Yes, but he was in pussy mode in the first half (where unfortunately tossed red at Klose), after which I guess he was told off by FIFA officials in the halftime break. I think I saw him walk back onto the field, limping slightly :D

Walli

the solution is easy, but it won´t come, because players and trainers fear, that all the unfair stuff will get more attention  - video referee. It´s really interesting, people are always bitching about referees, but they don´t support the call for video referees. As I said, many players fear, that all the unfair stuff will come to attention and the spectators don´t want because then they have no one to blame anymore.

FrankB

Walli

I really played many years soccer in my younger years, but one of the main reasons to stop was, that even the hobby players started to "act" like professionals. Apart from that I prefered beach volleyball ;-)

nikita

Although he certainly wasn't the only reason we lost, that referee was just annoying (for both teams).
Nine yellow cards - you'd think it was the most brutal match we've seen so far, which it absolutely was not.

Jack

NZall whites drawed against italy 1-1 lolol its a party down here atthemoment hehe ;D
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

Walli

spitting out nine yellow cards is better compared to fouls that the referee yesterday did not "punish" (Brazil against Ivory Coast). I repeat me over and over for years now, stop judging the referees, just bring the video referee. Best with an online option, so that viewers can vote for the punishment.

;)

Good work NZ!

Walli

oh, and by the way - stop FIFA, one of the most evil "companies". Some days ago they arrested some girls wearing some nice dresses. They were sponsored by a dutch brewery, so the dresses where orange and had a real small sticker. That was to much for FIFA.

It´s fun to see how fast people cry for cartel office, but FIFA seems to be allowed to do everything they like.