TG2 w/ Animation. Film Collaboration (Ridley Scott may view our work)

Started by warnerbrown, July 07, 2010, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warnerbrown

I wish I had the time. I think i will motion blur in post. figuring tg2 has to do all of that extra calculating/processing for MB would slow it down, I assume.so we'll cut out MB, though i did love the foreground effect overall (while the distance is more focused etc) but we'll move on

warnerbrown

I'm up to rendering frame 30 of this 72frame aerial shot.file courtesy of nvseal. Volker helped with some rendering. but on his mac it took 7 hours to render 3 frames. and there is block/distortion in it.
unfortunately I have to move on to other shots.

Would anyone else like to help rendering part of this one?

-W

Oshyan

I think you might have jumped ahead to rendering before fully tuning all the render parameters for each shot, unfortunately. But I know there's a deadline imposed here and time is short. I am currently running some tests on Raytrace Everything since the renders were taking so long (from frame 230 onward it was upwards of 7 hours per frame on my i7 860). It's a brief lull in my rendering for the project, but may ultimately save a lot of time. We'll see.

If I get time I'll take a look at the TGD above and see if I can tun it and render the sequence. What frames would you want rendered? Also, are you still planning to do motion blur in post for that shot as well?

- Oshyan

warnerbrown

Thanks Oshyan,
the shot i posted above will have no motion blur as it's a slow moving aerial. if you could render frames 40-72 (each one for me takes about an hour and 1/2 on my quad) that would be awesome.

keep me posted on the fast aerial shot, I think my render parameters were wrong, anything you can do will be great. thanks for your help

EDIT: i'll do the motion blur in post if that speeds things up for you

-w

warnerbrown

Things are on a roll, I've finishing rendering one aerial, a couple more to go. I've had limited net access for the last week or so. Oshyan How did the rendering turn out? thanks again for the help

best,
-W

Oshyan

Still in progress. Raytrace Everything did produce better results, but didn't save render time, and I didn't have time to tune it further, so I'm just letting it render...

- Oshyan

warnerbrown

Hey Oshyan,
thanks for bearing w/ me. still limited net access, how's it going?will try to check back tomorrow,just did the final film shoot, turned out great.best,

Oshyan

Still rendering. There are some huge jumps between frames, needs more motion blur, but you can add that in post. Overall it looks good. In the future would be good to optimize more before rendering, would save time ultimately, but for now we'll just get through it. ;D

- Oshyan

warnerbrown

Hi Oshyan,
i couldnt attach the file in pm, here it is
the best quality would be ideal but rendering at detail 0.5 antialias 3 might work.gotta get offline in a min, will keep in touch!
And thanks for the help guys! this is turning out awesome and I have a feeling it could be good for everyone that has been involved with this project.
Best,

Warner

warnerbrown

Things are coming along smoothly so far. The film is looking quite epic.

A big thanks to Old_Blaggard for coordinating, and Nvseal for his files and expertise, Volker and Hetzen. And this forum in general.
I've never multitasked so much in such a short period. With the stresses that come with any production, you guys have helped me breathe much easier. Thus it's been a very fun learning process. I think the work will be rewarding for all involved.

The short film at earliest will be uploaded around 12am tonight, Sunday America/Pacific time to give a 3-hour leeway should exporting/uploading issues arise. Should they, I would say 2am at the latest, but hopefully much earlier. So between those times if you're up later on check out www.youtube.com/shadowcorporation or I'll post it here.
Thanks again to everyone.
If I can't buy everyone a round I'm going to have to ship them in the mail!  ;D

W

warnerbrown

I was having a major export issue so I contacted phillips cinema, they have extended the deadline by 12 hours, thank god. The entry will be up by tomorrow

warnerbrown

Ok, here it is. I think we made it right on the deadline cusp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOrsJ0wmsQ8
edit:corrected version

Henry Blewer

Nice work. I think the alien at the end is really cool. Very good mixing of T2 and real footage. I think if you had more time, the merging of real footage and the T2 could have been better. But time is rarely on anyone's side.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T