TG2 w/ Animation. Film Collaboration (Ridley Scott may view our work)

Started by warnerbrown, July 07, 2010, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warnerbrown

Thanks Njeneb,
I feel the same way. If I had the time and resources it would be nice to really get 100% realism to blend with the HD footage, same for the maya shots, that are obviously not perfect. I guess it's still a draft of what could be. I credited and gave special thanks to Planetside, everyone that has helped and the NWDA packs.
I'd love to do a 10min version next, as I still haven't introduced the ground special ops team, which is central to the story I have.it's been a brainbusting 4 months. i'm going to sleep for a day or more  ;D

Oshyan

Glad to see it all came together. Looks pretty good! There are always things you want to tweak further, but for a short it's got some pretty nice effects. ;D

- Oshyan

warnerbrown

I know, deadlines suck ;D
on the 10min version I'll have time to really get it all right.glad you like! Thanks so much for your help with the rendering

warnerbrown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOrsJ0wmsQ8

Voting period-1 begins Aug 23 at: http://www.youtube.com/philipscinematv in the gallery. search "unidentified" when in there or go to the 3rd entry on page 12. I will post a more direct link when the 23rd rolls around. Thanks for the support to everyone that has helped.

Warner,

warnerbrown

So we didn't make the top 10 shortlist, but I'm proud of the job we did with the time granted. Before this contest I intended to do a 10-min version. That's still the plan..and it will be brutal, badass. different from this, as I have my own script.
Thanks again to everyone for helping with the work and the processing.

On this production I wore too many hats at once. I've learned what not to do. Next time around I'll find a production manager to help keep things streamlined so the workflow is fluid, on my part. Thanks again for the help. The shortlist is 10. Sir. Scott makes the final decision, regardless of the top 10 i suppose.

warnerbrown

Note:When we do get funding to produce the first 10-minutes (of a potential feature film) I am going to pay those of you who have helped. It was a learning experience on this one. Most agree the 1st shot is the best. We'll improve with the others. I'll hopefully know (what I'm doing) So there will be more time involved..and funding/talent to produce something much better. Not only with the effects..but primarily acting, emotion and story.