Moon like this?

Started by dhavalmistry, March 13, 2007, 09:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

Oh I remember seeing how to do this somewhere hold on I'll try to find it. in the meantime maybe a image of the moon given luminosity?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

A moon object was created and had an image of the real moon applied to it as its surface.  I'm assuming luminosity was applied - using only reflections from moons to light a landscape is *not* the way to go at the moment.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

I dont think applying luminosity will give that glowing halo effect

Sengin

Add another light object and place it between the default planet and the moon.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Sengin on March 13, 2007, 10:09:55 PM
Add another light object and place it between the default planet and the moon.

Yes I am trying but for some reason the light is not working...the strength of the light is 1.0378e+009
and the radius is 8.5378e+006 and I have placed it between the moon and my default planet but its still acting as if there was no light. Also I have turned off my sunlight, not sure if that is necessary for a light to make any effect...

Sengin

I have my sun turned on, but it has a negative elevation (so that the sun has "set").

Dark Fire

The light sources in T2TP are strange. I once had to turn one up to maximum strength to get any sort of light out of it, and I still had to brighten the image up manually, later...

Oshyan

Light sources and emissive surfaces are different. If you're using a sphere for illumination the light emission will be proportional to its surface area, so a very large sphere (planet-sized) will need extremely high luminosity values.

- Oshyan