You must see this, it will cheer you up!

Started by FrankB, July 29, 2010, 02:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi all,

please do yourself a favor and take 6 minutes to watch this video carefully

Bodhisattva in metro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedd2FiZTqM

This is a very beautiful story, and quite an experience. I've seen this more than once and still enjoy seeing it again.
I hope you like this as much as I do.

Regards,
Frank

matrix2003

Thank you Frank.
Thank you a lot!

I laughed so hard I cried.  ::)

- Bill .
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

latego

What is that moron laughing about? there is nothing in life to laugh about, just letdowns, failures, pain, sickness and death.

FrankB

Quote from: latego on July 29, 2010, 05:17:58 PM
... there is nothing in life to laugh about, just letdowns, failures, pain, sickness and death.

... you serious?

dandelO

Quote from: FrankB on July 29, 2010, 05:57:52 PM
... there is nothing in life to laugh about, just letdowns, failures, pain, sickness and death.

... you serious?

:D :D :D

Henry Blewer

I've seen a similar reaction when someone farts on a bus. Laughter is contagious. I did not laugh with the man, but I did enjoy the feeling. Thanks Frank!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Kadri

What is that moron laughing about? there is nothing in life to laugh about, just letdowns, failures, pain, sickness and death.

And amusement , delight , sharing , love etc. ...

If you want to see only the bad side of life you are right ! It is true and depressing.

But the other part is true too !

Please do not select only one side , Latego !

I have been through all of these feelings and i think many who read this here are too.
Sometimes it is hard but i did choose to see the good side of life too. I was very pessimistic and depressed in my youth ...

The video is good in this aspect ! It shows that some things are up to you in life and not so in the outside as you think !

latego

Quote from: Kadri on July 29, 2010, 08:22:24 PM
And amusement , delight , sharing , love etc. ...

If you want to see only the bad side of life you are right ! It is true and depressing.

But the other part is true too !

Please do not select only one side , Latego !

I do not select sides, it's the sides that selects us. All the things you listed are just illusions which quickly vanish, leaving behind only the regret of having lost them (or the envy of not having experienced them at all). It would be much better if they did not exist at all.

Quote from: Kadri on July 29, 2010, 08:22:24 PM
The video is good in this aspect ! It shows that some things are up to you in life and not so in the outside as you think !

Sorry, but I do not feel enlighted by an idiot laughing like a mad man on a public transport vehicle.

Henry Blewer

I get down myself. I usually can get myself out of the mood by exchanging quips with my friends; kind of like a sitcom. After a few exchanged insults, the laughter starts...
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

otakar

Quote from: latego
Sorry, but I do not feel enlighted by an idiot laughing like a mad man on a public transport vehicle.

Oh my god, I thought your first post was an attempt at humor. Ugh.

Thanks for the link Frank, it had its intended effect. Hard to contain the reaction in the office :)

Hetzen

Who is the moron?

The one that doesn't know what he's laughing about, or the one that doesn't know why he is laughing?

schmeerlap

Quote from: latego on July 30, 2010, 01:11:32 PM
I do not select sides, it's the sides that selects us. All the things you listed are just illusions which quickly vanish, leaving behind only the regret of having lost them (or the envy of not having experienced them at all). It would be much better if they did not exist at all.

Shit does happen, but you have a choice in how you react to that shit.
If "amusement, delight, sharing, and love" are illusions, so must be their opposites; "seriousness, sadness, selfishness, and hate". For they are all ephemeral experiences in the impermanence of life. Would you really prefer to live in a world where "amusement, delight, sharing, and love" did not exist?

Better to have laughed and lost, than never having laughed at all.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Seth

go to a store to buy a rope, find a tree and hang yourself. End of pain.

gregsandor

Quote from: Seth on July 31, 2010, 06:35:40 AM
go to a store to buy a rope, find a tree and hang yourself. End of pain.

A very good friend of mine did just that.  He went to a beautiful scenic forest, watched the sun rise over the valley, and hanged himself.  The pain didn't end, it was just transferred.  It was too much for him to bear, so now we, his friends and family, carry it for him for the rest of our lives. 

Laugh while you can, even if you don't know why.

nikita

Quote from: latego on July 30, 2010, 01:11:32 PM
Quote from: Kadri on July 29, 2010, 08:22:24 PMAnd amusement , delight , sharing , love etc. ...

Letdowns, failures and sickness vanish quickly too. ;)

Skipping a lot of philosophical discussion: I'd rather waste my life laughing all the time for no reason than waste my life being miserable all the time for no reason.