Ivy generator

Started by helentr, March 15, 2007, 05:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helentr

http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/
A free program to generate ivy around your trees or other objects - just remember to press "birth" before exporting.

Helen

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

mrwho

i can't get the ivy to show up though, it loads the obj fine, but when I hit grow or birth nothing happens

Costaud

Will

you need to double click somewhere on the scene to "plant" a seed

sonshine777

Quote from: mrwho on March 15, 2007, 07:29:24 PM
i can't get the ivy to show up though, it loads the obj fine, but when I hit grow or birth nothing happens

You have to double-click at the base of your tree, wall or where ever you want the Ivy to start growing.
Basically you are giving the ivy a root to start from.  Once you have done that then you can click grow, let
the vine grow until you think you have enough on the tree then click grow again to get it to stop.  Now you
can click Birth, you may have to adjust the leaf and branch size and click Birth again until it looks the right size.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

§ardine

Sethren

Yeah, the results look great. I have to wonder if there is going to be any more development in this region but knowing university work, these normally are one time wonders.

monks

This is so cool!  :)

monks

Mandrake

Is this a stand alone program that you import your object into first?
Looks pretty neat. I'm at work so I don't have time to play but if someone could explain the mechanics, I'd appreciate it as I'm a model dummy.  :-\

Dark Fire

Wow. The ivy looks cool!

Sethren

Yes, you import any object and the Ivy just grows up and along the object.

Will

just a warning to you guys those the exported file gets pretty big.

Regards,

Will