Cloud Busting

Started by Hetzen, August 18, 2010, 12:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackScvale

Quote from: Hetzen on December 04, 2010, 04:26:53 PM
This has been an on going project, in which I've been trying various methods I can think up in the car bent over the wheel looking at the sky on the way to work.

The last method involved creating an image map, which had all sorts of restrictions on it, like resolution and coverage. It seems there is another way. Which is something I'm currently exploring.

The first image is a storm spire which lives in one cloud node, the second is a very low rez image of the process coverage across the skyline, again all within one cloud node. All clouds start at the cloud nodes base altitude (Cloud Altitude - half the cloud depth). Which means there are no floating blobs of cloud within a 2k cloud altitude range. It also means there's an interesting horizon when the camera is above the clouds.

All very much work in process. And atm still look like crap. ;D

I have read this thread a number of times. I think I understand it but not sure how to set it up. Still learning here. Hetzen, what do these images look like rendered at hi settings. The cloud shapes looks very realistic.