RamJet Down

Started by schmeerlap, August 25, 2010, 05:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

"Oh no, not another half-baked two-minute render impulsively flung together on an immature whim!"   :'(
"It's what I do"  :D
"Ok, then; if you must."  ::)

The Ram Jet model was created by Anders Lejczak (www.colacola.se). The gear thingy in the background I created using XenoDream. The spiky plant is an Xfrog model.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

domdib

Very nice surfacing for a two-minute render. And I love the sandstorm.

Henry Blewer

Two minute render... I have been rendering 60 hours to get three bucket rows almost done. Then Microsoft sends an update... I was able to save the image this time. I'll render the rest in crops.

I really like the dust. The gear-thingy is cool also. I really enjoy your renders. There is no telling what may come from that poetic head of yours. ;D
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zairyn Arsyn

ARRGGG!!!  >:( >:( >:(
i know how that is.. i bring the computer out of the blank screen saver and find myself staring at the win7 login screen.
it happens from time to time for me.. annoying

Quote from: njeneb on August 25, 2010, 08:25:44 AM
I have been rendering 60 hours to get three bucket rows almost done. Then Microsoft sends an update...

impressive for a 2 min. render
i like it.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Henry Blewer

Sorry about the bitching John. :-[

schmeerlap

Quote from: njeneb on August 25, 2010, 09:37:06 AM
Sorry about the bitching John. :-[

It's good to have a bitch every now and again.  ;D

John

Dune

Frozen action! Very nice.

inkydigit

lots of great detailing here, John...I too like this snapshot!

choronr

Like this a lot ...but, two minutes? Really?

jbest

What detail and AA did you render this at to get it done in 2 minutes?  :) Or maybe your computer is fast...
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

schmeerlap

Quote from: choronr on August 25, 2010, 04:17:00 PM
...but, two minutes? Really?
Quote from: jbest on August 25, 2010, 09:42:01 PM
What detail and AA did you render this at to get it done in 2 minutes?  :) Or maybe your computer is fast...

Shouldn't be taken too literally - bag of salt will come in handy even - you guys know how facetious/disingenuous I can be at times - all for the sake of the literary effect - was rather expressing a self consciousness that while artists here can spend weeks slaving over a hot workstation painstakingly developing an honourable and worthy scene from concept to polished result, I seem to be churning out "half-baked" efforts faster than Fred can shred incriminating evidence - having said thaaaat, this scene was over'n-done-with from misconception to final bodging in six or seven slapdash hours (including downloading the afterthoughtof ramjet from bazze's site and two 'n a bit hrs rendertime). Detail 0.9, AA 8 (AA was at a relative high of 8 'cos I didn't use Ray Trace Objects 'cos RTO seems to blurout texture detail on my XenoDream meshes).

John

airflamesred

A fine and intruiging image

matrix2003

Hey Henry. Afters years of M$ trashing my renders every time they burped out an update, I finally wised up and set updates too "notify" not automatic install. Windows 7 and Norton always yell at me about this setting, but no more terminated renders!
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Henry Blewer

The Ms Update is set to notify. If it happens again, I'll set it to no updates. I get the download update newsletter anyway. I'll go get them by hand.
Don't let notify burn you. After so many hours, Microsoft thinks your machine is not attended; then goes ahead and does it automatically.

choronr

I've gone to 'notify' since I had an experience with a crashed render. All my automatic run stuff is noted on a sticky for the deastop with the daytime hours noted so I can start my renders at an appropriate time.