Valley -update-

Started by freelancah, September 02, 2010, 04:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freelancah

Just a practise work so I dont get too rusty over the summer :) Added a small manually made flare in postwork..

-update- new file on below

RArcher

This has a ton of potential.  I really like how much depth there is in the scene. If you work on it further I would suggest increasing the density of the tree populations and even adding another species or two if possible.  I find the lens flare somewhat distracting when trying to view the small details in the background.

cyphyr

This is beautiful :)
I love the sunset.
I it a procedural or digital elevation model terrain.
Keep up the good work.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Volker Harun

Agree with the above ... go ahead and surprise us with a masterpiece! ,-)

Kadri

Looks very nice as it is in a painterly way , Freelancah :)
With a little more effort it could look very realistic too. If this is your goal of course!

Henry Blewer

The flare is much too strong. That said, I like it. The problem is that is overwhelms the composition. I would add some more brush, a different type of pine to go with the firs.

It's a very good render now. Keep going.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

domdib

Agree with the above comments. Only other thing I would add is that the grass is a little large in the foreground - it makes it difficult to figure out the correct scale for the trees.

inkydigit

awesome sky...love the mood!
look forward to the next one.

btw what were your atmo/cloud settings?
(maybe a clip file.....)
:)

mhaze

great mood  - we worry too much about realism, art is about our personal experience of the world after all everyone sees the world differently!

Seth

Quote from: RArcher on September 02, 2010, 05:18:26 PM
This has a ton of potential. 

indeed !!!
I hope to see more of this render ^^

freelancah

Hmm.. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'l redo this with some other plantation and change the lensflare :P Will update when I get the time...

freelancah

Re rendered from different pov and hopefully better light and flare

couple weird fakestones exploded for some reason..oh well. hopefully you wont see them :P

Dune

I really like the lighting of this piece! Great! What I would do, though, is have more grass on the foreground, patchy maybe, but denser and soft, like a lush hill interspersed with (some) bare patches of soil, where some ground has subsided.

Volker Harun

PoV and lighting really improved ... good work!

inkydigit

brilliant, I could watch this for hours!