Red Dead Terragen V2, final on page 4 hooray

Started by FrankB, September 13, 2010, 02:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

I'm playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption lately. If you know the game you know the landscapes are stunning. The game scenes have that special, beautiful lighting at dawn when the sun is hovering low above the horizon.
I wanted to make a scene like that, with a path and grassy plains and that light.

It's a simple scene, but maybe you like it too.

Cheers,
Frank

Seth

ok Greenhorn !
wanna go ridin' n' gunslingin' tonite ?
nice start.
you should add some of the big rocks we see in the vast plains of the game ;)

FrankB

hehe, not tonight. Got to get up at 5 tomorrow morning (not exactly my favorite time). But sure next time.

Yes I think I'll add more elements to the scene. There are a few things I would like to try.

Thanks,
Frank

RArcher

Very cool Frank, I'd like to see the view from the top of that hill.  I picked up the game when it came out but I only managed to play it for a couple hours before something else distracted me, I need to give it another try for sure.

domdib

I love the clouds. Perhaps bring the exposure down just a little? Look forward to seeing where you take this.

inkydigit

I like the vegetation, but the light is also extraordinary!

jbest

Very interesting and well done! Is there only one kind of grass in this picture?
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

cbest

Well done! I have one question: It appears that the wheat on the sides of the white "path" are different colors...one side appears tannish and the other greenish. Did you use two different tgos?
Terragen: the universe in 56 kilobytes.

choronr

I like this for the gentle hills; the light and the grass. Looking forward to your update.

Volker Harun

Very relaxing scene ... the amount of the vertical grasses could be reduced for my taste ... and I am looking forward to your additions :)

FrankB

thank you everyone. I should be able to get back t this in the coming days.
I've used the built-in grass clumps, which I think are great for mid to far distances. I should though blend them out within a certain radius from the camera. I'll try that next.

Regards,
Frank

Jack

something doesn't seem right with that grass looks sort of spiky?
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

FrankB

I gave this another swing last night. Still in progress.

domdib

Looks very fine. If the bark on the trees were just a little more detailed, it would look perfect.

choronr

I like this masking in a path Frank. It is something you do not see much of in images posted.