Mars descent

Started by Hetzen, September 22, 2010, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Just wanted to show you guys some stills of what I've been playing with the last couple of days. These are some test frames for an animation I'm putting together, to see how everything holds up at various altitudes. C&C very welcome.

Hetzen

606km off the ground

Hetzen

55km and falling

Hetzen

4300m...

Hetzen

270m...

Hetzen

2m.

rcallicotte

Hetzen, you rock.   ;D

This was no easy greasy.  Thanks for letting us see it.  It's beautiful.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Kadri

Looks nice  :)
How are the render times , near and far away and how much frames do you render , Hetzen ?

Hetzen

Thanks fellas.

Frames are about 10 mins each at Q=0.7,AA=3, GI 2/4. I don't think this needs too much AA, the last frame was rendered at Q=0.8, AA=6, GI 2/4, but I don't think I'll need to dial that for the final render.

The camera curve is going to be a challenge trying not to make the last 4,000m last 2 frames, due to the distances. So this will dictate how long the animation needs to be. I've also got about 100km of Mars Dem in that scene to fly around if I want, but the main thing is to see if I can get a good stereoscopic render from it with two imported cameras.

It would be cool if I could adjust the camera positions and rotation with functions to make this last part easier, by setting up a rig.

Gannaingh

That is an awesome level of detail you have there! Great work!

Mahnmut

Great!
I am Speechless.
how much of that is procedural and how much is original mars data?
I mean in terms of resolution?
And where can I get those for my green mars?

Looking forward to see the animation,
Best Regards,
Jan

Henry Blewer

This looks awesome. I can't wait to see the animation.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

Tangled-Universe

Cool work Jon :)
Nice to see you have accomplished this in a couple of days.
It could easily have been a submission for the animation contest, as this is a great example.
I hope you can figure out the stereo-rig so we can use it with our little project ;D

Cheers,
Martin