Noise in Blues or Reds - Function/PF based patterns

Started by Hetzen, September 25, 2010, 08:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I'm really looking forward to your wave displacement functions, Hetzen...

Volker Harun

Attached is a more advanced version of the soft Perlin noise.
Thematically it is bound to this post of Dune: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=10810.msg111374#msg111374

Cheers,
Volker

Dune

Ah! So this would perhaps be perfect to use as 'global variation node set' for pops. Looks nice and PF like, especially if its appearance can be 'seeded'. Thanks Volker. I'll check it out.

j meyer

Volker - Nice fractal.Somehow it made me think of that one
            http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1822.msg17979#msg17979
            Have you ever dissected that btw? Was too much for me.

Volker Harun

Quote from: j meyer on September 28, 2010, 11:06:07 AM
            Have you ever dissected that btw?
They are totally different ... but thanks for showing me this river mask, I really forgot that it is existing.
It is a clever setup, but what I like most is his/her shading technique :)

Maybe later this day, I am going for a reduced setup, which might be more understandable ,-)

j meyer

It was definitely not my intention to accuse you of anything.
Your fractal just made me think like:hey wasn't there someone who made
a whole scene with blue nodes?
I still have the file in my TG folder (under functional madness), but never had
the nerve to analyze it as of yet.
Looking forward to your next file.
Cheerio,J.

Volker Harun

Quote from: j meyer on September 28, 2010, 01:05:19 PM
It was definitely not my intention to accuse you of anything.
Sorry that I sounded like that ... I was just in a hurry, my wife is on holidays and I have to keep all available eyes after my sons and the dog ,-)
Now they are in bed and I have time to relax :) By the way, I have the scene rendering right now ... the original ... to see if an easier setup is really helping to reduce rendertime ... it is almost finished now after 90 minutes (which is longer than expected ...)

Volker Harun

If few minutes later ... it is not to simplify that much ... I must admit it is a very clever piece of work.
I am thinking of another kind of setup, which might be faster ... and different.

The only sad thing about this function is its slowness ... else it is a burner ... where is this guy!?!?! ;) :D

Volker Harun

For now just two teasers ...

Tiled Perlin-noise and tiled Voronoi-noise ... I introduced this technique a while ago (Link) ... but this is a bit better, I think.

which one is more relevant to be used for a render? ... Neither? I guess so ...

Hetzen

That first could pass as stitching or sack cloth. Some of these textures you come up with could be very usefull on insect model close ups.

Volker Harun

Another teaser ...
It is the function from the second picture above ... with a little add-on ... I will not upload that one, as it might be too confusing.

Attached but is the TGC from the first image. It has two triggers: The Tile Scale and the Threshold.
I think these two will be enough to destroy the function ;) ;D

While having some ideas about this setup, I might post another screen from a node network.

Cheers, Volker

inkydigit

very interesting as always Volker....great patterns, will take a peak later!

j meyer