Wee, correction, big bit spam...

Started by dandelO, September 30, 2010, 07:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

I've sent the spammer a PM complaining about the ads and warning that I'll ask a mod to ban the user if they post any more spam.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

jbest

Quote from: TheBlackHole on October 02, 2010, 04:34:08 PM
I've sent the spammer a PM complaining about the ads and warning that I'll ask a mod to ban the user if they post any more spam.

Haha ... I wonder if that spammer is even a person. It might just be something automatic.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

TheBlackHole

I've sent two of the Planetside admins/moderators a PM asking for susansta to be banned.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

jbest

Quote from: TheBlackHole on October 02, 2010, 04:41:45 PM
I've sent two of the Planetside admins/moderators a PM asking for susansta to be banned.

;D This spammer is determined to get people to buy his junk and trash.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Oshyan

Quote from: jbest on October 02, 2010, 03:06:10 PM
Planetside Forums should delete these kind of things automatically.

The forum system uses a CAPTCHA to try to prevent automated bots from signing up and spamming, but it's not perfect. We don't have an active post content filter like an email client filter, but these kinds of systems are actually fairly rare in forums. There may be a plugin for our forum system to do this, I'll look into it, but of course it may incorrectly categorize good messages as spam too. It's always a trade-off.

In any case we had rather unusual circumstances (as explained in the new post in the Announcement thread about the support delays). You won't have to wait that long for it to be taken care of in the future.

- Oshyan