Passed it! (Rainbow experiments)

Started by Mahnmut, October 07, 2010, 07:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Not even if you put the line of nodes into the interior of one final 'handler node'?

Mahnmut

Thanks dandelO for explaining it here,
I somehow thought it was already somewhere.
Dune, tell me how to create a handler node and I´ll try it. I have no idea where to look.
If it works this would be a great inclusion to my update, which is meant to include more realistic proportions and a real restriction to a ring, because in many settings the "forcefield-effect" gets quite strong.
Thats what I like about TG, you can use a piece of someone elses work, go on with it and create something new.
Of course this is true of all artforms, but here it feels more like cooperation than plagiarism.
Therefore I hope to make my rainbow more useful.
Best regards,
Jan

Mahnmut

my first animation, sorry for the low detail.

Ah, damn, flickr makes a jpg of my animated gif.

Henry Blewer

Put it through Blender. Blender can encode video in any format you  have the codec for.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Mahnmut

Its more a problem of uploading than of encoding. I think.
Can anyone tell me the best way of loading a short animation (22images) up to this forum?

cyphyr

I use Vimeo for everything.
If its a very short anim try adding a sec of black to the front and back of the anim.
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dandelO

Imageshack hosts .gif fine.

Mahnmut

ok, thanks.
I am just trying to make it small enough for an attachment, the quality is really low anyway.

There it is!
click it, it moves.

Dune

QuoteDune, tell me how to create a handler node and I´ll try it.
It's just any node (surface shader or color adjust shader...) If you have your stream of nodes, copy them all, then right click on this 'handler' choose 'internal' and you'll get an empty page. Paste your nodes there. Go one level up again, and then attach the last of the internal nodes to whatever input you want. A plus sign on the node will tell you it has things inside. Maybe this could help. I hope I told you clear enough.

Mahnmut

Thanks Dune, I will try that!

dandelO

Good idea but, as it's made from cloud layers, container nodes won't work, even putting all the layers inside the last cloud layer doesn't work. It's a tricky one.

Mahnmut

What a pity, so still no rainbow to go.
dandelO, you are to fast ! ;)
But have you noticed my great HD-animation by the way?
At least the rainbow can be easily restricted to an arc now, forcefields only for those who need them.