Population Problem

Started by michigan_1112, March 18, 2007, 07:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michigan_1112

I am working on an image in which I created the terrain from a function tutorial(I can not remember who wrote it, but I thank you). My problem is that when I try to create a population I can not find it once its populated. It sounds simple, but there is no bounding box on the terrain and when I enter the coordinates and generate...Nothing. I'm not frustrated yet, just hoping that someone will tell me what I am doing wrong...Please.

I downloaded the Venus surface map from http://www.celestiamotherlode.net/catalog/show_addon_details.php?addon_id=361

Thanks for the time and effort. ;D

digidon

I have the same problem so I increase the object scale to 100 or 1000 and that makes it visible.  Then I zoom in close and sometimes lower the scale back down.

bigben

I didn't find a population in the TGD.  Here's a grass clump population inserted in the TGD so you can compare the location settings.

rcallicotte

You should always be able to find a population by putting the numbers of your camera view into the population's translation x, y, z.  Like others are saying, you need to sometimes up the scale values to see the bounding box.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

That wasn't my problem... I couldn't find the node... and I couldn't find it using a text editor either ;)

helentr

Well, I downloaded your TGD file and it doesn't have any object, apart from the two planets (and the background), either in a population or not, so maybe the population you mention is in another file.
I did notice a potential problem with your planet. The image is mapped through camera and the planet coordinates have not been copied and pasted to the image map location.
I attach your TGD with just the planet image map change.

Helen

michigan_1112

I did post the wrong version of that file. I saved it before I tried to place the population, and being an air-head posted that one. I think, with your help, Its figured out. Here is the image.

Thanks for the help on that. Now to figure out the Image mapping issue.

Thanks for all the help.