Where has Oshyan been?

Started by Oshyan, October 24, 2010, 07:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Hello everyone! I'm back. Wow, I didn't expect to disappear for more than a month. Very sorry to everyone for not at least letting you all know what was going on. Basically I went away on a 2 month road trip, toting my laptop and a cell phone with tethering ability, and expected to be able to get Internet access at least once or twice a week and keep updated on things here. So I didn't really worry about letting everyone know I'd be gone as I was planning to actually be "here" the whole time...

As it turns out cell reception wasn't as good as I'd hoped for the first half of the trip, and right in the middle of my journey my laptop up and died on me. So for the last month I've been basically unable to read any forum posts, much less work with Terragen, test any issues, or respond to support threads. The other Planetside staff have done their best to cover, for which I am very grateful, but of course there have still been delays.

Thank you all very much for your patience and understanding. This is a fantastic community and your willingness and ability to help each other has meant that my unexpected absence was much less detrimental than it could have been.

I'm now back safe at home and am working on catching up on over a month of discussion. I expect to be current within a few days.

Obviously the issues I mentioned above also meant that I was unable to work on the winning animation from our recent contest. I will be diving into that work very shortly and hope to have the sequence ready to render on the farm within a week (or two at most).

Finally, if any of you are interested in my trip, I began writing about it early on in my personal blog, but due to the same issues that impacted support, I was unable to continue after a few posts. However I intend to post a retrospective on my trip, along with a lot of photos, some video, etc. You can get started on my blog and explore the links in the posts and in the "My Other Sites" section on the right for more: http://oshyan.blogspot.com/

- Oshyan

Henry Blewer

You must have been to Eastern Broome county, where I live. Cellphone's don't work there, in many places. Naturally I go camping there as often as possible! ;D
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zairyn Arsyn

its good to have you back now Oshyan, now we can call off that search party :D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

rcallicotte

Glad you're back, Oshyan.  Hope your trip was pleasant.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

inkydigit

welcome back, sounds/looks like you had a great time!

Oshyan

Thanks everyone. We had a good time, but next time I'd take a bigger vehicle. ;) Pictures and more blog posts soon I hope.

- Oshyan