Bavarian Sky (was: WIP Alarm Part 2)

Started by FrankB, October 29, 2010, 01:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Looking great Frank. I like the added features in the foreground. It has a more finished feel now.
A big however though is the lighting of the clouds. I think you should stick to the same type of lighting settings as in your first version because compared to that this looks very bad, in my honest opinion. The first one just looked so much better and more realistic!

FrankB

hahaha, I got carried away with manipulating the cloud lighting, true, but at least I, Naoo and Franck like it that way ;)
I'm not done with this yet, but I sure won't go back to the first version, where the cloud was just too blended into the sky. I think cloud-wise, the second version was best... but there's something about this last version that I like... hmmm, artistically.

I'm not sure whether I should add or change anything in the foreground. I've got the path, flowers, a hero rock... two hero rocks - thre's one more to the right next to a bush in a circle of stones/pebbles.
I've got two canoes from Sonshine, and one sailing boat from Walli....
Should I consider this done, or is there still something missing?

Cheers,
Frank

Seth

the best lighting was on bs31b2.jpg
but i like fat atmo you know... so I kinda prefer the colouring of the clouds in the last shot but the lighting in the second

Dune

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Seth on November 05, 2010, 07:28:52 PM
the best lighting was on bs31b2.jpg

Sorry for the confusement Frank, I meant that this picture had the best lighting so far. Not the very first one.

Henry Blewer

I really like the direction this has taken. The foreground is very photo like. The clouds look menacing, but the lighting (color) of them does not seem to be reflected in the foreground.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Walli

really very nice and you did a great job on the foreground, nice distributions!

FrankB

soooo, in my eyes, this is the final, would you agree?

Best regards,
Frank

cyphyr

Looks good to me :)
I prefer the lighter tone in this one.
Two things, are you using quite low AA, some of the trees look "grainy" in the middle of the picture. It may just be my display though. And is the main house the wrong way round (bit late to mention now lol) shouldn't the jetty be pointing out into the water, not the land? Or is it more of a "boat House" enclosing a roofed dock?
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

choronr

Yes, it is mission accomplished ...a pleasing bit of creativity.

Walli

Quote from: cyphyr on November 09, 2010, 04:49:26 PM
.... And is the main house the wrong way round (bit late to mention now lol) shouldn't the jetty be pointing out into the water, not the land?

this is something that I should have mentioned I guess ;-) My idea when doing this house was a landing stage in the water, but why not making it this way ;-)

Well done Frank!

Dune

I like it, and I don't wanna spoil the fun, but isn't the foreground a little dull light-wise? There are no shadows really, and I think a spark of sunlight would enhance it.

Oshyan

Yes, quite honestly the lighting seems overall a bit flat (even the clouds) for a Frank creation. ;D All the elements in the scene are nice, but perhaps not "presented" at their best?

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

I don't think the light is necesseraly dull. In a way it is quite realistic as it is.
The fact for me is that the way the clouds are lit now is causing this idea.
I really think you should revert back to older settings for the cloud lighting Frank.
At what settings did you render this actually?

Cheers,
Martin

Seth

As I said before, the second render had a great clouds'lighting ;)