Tangled-Universe

This looks very natural, great work! :)

Cheers,
Martin

Naoo

WOW, agree, agree, agree...

chris_x422

Very well done piece.
If it wasn't for the image ratio it could almost pass for a polaroid.
Also very nice lighting and layout.

matrix2003

Oh my.  Brilliant!  /- Bill .
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

RArcher

Thanks very much everyone.  Here is an updated version with the foreground cleaned up a little bit.  Next up a new POV and maybe a bit of a change with the lighting.

Henry Blewer

Looks like a photo from an old National Geographic. Was this done using the forthcoming update? The atmosphere and shading are superb.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Walli

very nice, with the cleaned up procedurals, there´s almost no clue giving it away as rendered picture.

riche

Wow! Absolutely amazing, that's the shot right outside my front door in Northumberland it was -5 last night .... brrrrrr!
Regards

RichE
SelloString.com - Holding the world together.

Goms

Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

buzzzzz1

I didn't care for the foreground in the first version either. However I think you have "now" nailed it Ryan.  Very very nice.  :)
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

That's fantastic, Ryan! Congratulations on a superb compoition and render!  ;D

Seth

incredible realism !!!
most realistic render ever !
congratulations for this one Ryan *bow*

Oshyan

Beautiful stuff. I neglected to comment on the sky previously, but I really think it's one of the most outstanding aspects of the image. It's very "unremarkable", but in being so it is extremely *natural*. Very well done lighter clouds.

- Oshyan

RArcher

Thanks so much everyone, I'm glad you like it.  Here is another view with a few changes.  New camera position, new focal length and aspect ratio, new sun elevation and direction.  A much warmer, tighter framed image.  The changes make it so different it is almost an entirely new project from what I was originally going for.  My personal preference is for the first one, but this one does have some charm.

jbest

This one definitely looks different. Warmer, as you said. I hardly get any snow (and none in the area I live) here, so really, snow's never been my strong point. Still, looks great, and looks like a picture, and looks like realistic snow! Just a quick notice for v3, it kinda looks like there was some oil spilled there.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.