Never too Close

Started by choronr, December 10, 2010, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Attached is one of my favorite terrains that has some good displacements. It is a culmination of other files I have used combined with my own experimentation.

The two plant models (pines) in the file are those available here at the forum that were offered by Walli (the plant pack). I have changed the pine needles color and brightness in Photoshop which better suit the lighting and terrain color in the scene. Included is dandelO's 10M cracks file.

If you have any questions, send me an e-mail.

Enjoy. 

Henry Blewer

Thanks for the file. I have learned quite a bit from your file sharing. I have to confess, I rarely use any of it. My system does not handle the math you use in some of your files very quickly. :-[
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

choronr

Quote from: njeneb on December 10, 2010, 09:48:23 PM
Thanks for the file. I have learned quite a bit from your file sharing. I have to confess, I rarely use any of it. My system does not handle the math you use in some of your files very quickly. :-[
You're welcome Henry, I hope you will use this one. it is not too complex. Render time was just under 5 hours. The lowest part of the terrain is very flat; and, not worked to any point of great detail because I originally intended to have that covered with water. I believe anyone could do some great stuff with this file which uses a fractal terrain - POVs are plentiful.

Bob

rcallicotte

Thanks.  On to more learning.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bronco

bronco