Total lunar eclipse

Started by dandelO, December 12, 2010, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dune

Just seen it, 10 minutes ago, from my bed in fact. Before the fog came in heavy. It looks like Siberia outside now.

inkydigit

I too was lucky enough to catch a glimpse at about  7.40 this morning on the way to work, astonishingly beautiful sight!

rcallicotte

Glad to hear others' eye-witness.  It was about 4AM here when it was over here and I was in bed.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

The moon isn't risen here yet but it's an absolutely perfect sky for it! One of those crisp, Winter skies, almost cloudless.
Telescopes at the ready!

inkydigit

Quote from: dandelO on December 21, 2010, 10:07:43 AM
The moon isn't risen here yet but it's an absolutely perfect sky for it! One of those crisp, Winter skies, almost cloudless.
Telescopes at the ready!
totality was at about 07.40 hrs this morning....more info here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/leicester/hi/people_and_places/nature/newsid_9308000/9308355.stm

dandelO

Sh^t! Guess I'll need to check my brain next time. 24 hour clock! Eejit! :D What a fanny!

inkydigit

Quote from: dandelO on December 21, 2010, 10:21:34 AM
Sh^t! Guess I'll need to check my brain next time. 24 hour clock! Eejit! :D What a fanny!
it was brief for me, some banks of freezing fog and backgroud city/landscape meant that as the moon was setting it was not visible for long after totality (in Belfast anyway), I was very lucky, it looked brilliant, too cold for photos though!!!
:)

dandelO

I would have had the perfect view, there's nothing but mountains out the back window where it sets! And it was clear.
I'm such a tit! I went to bed at around 4:30am, should have just stayed up!
I have a quite unhealthy obsession with the moon too, I have let her(and myself) down today! :-[ ::)

Never mind, two totals next year. The first in June, second in December.

inkydigit

don't worry I am also a lunatic, my obsession with Selene is only natural though!!

Henry Blewer

"I moved to Elmira for the marvelous uncertainty of its weather." Mark Twain, aka Samuel Clemens

It's nice and cloudy here in Binghamton NY. A typical day here. I love it, but it makes viewing astronomic phenomena an unlikely proposition.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

I didn't get to see it. Too cloudy. :(
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Zairyn Arsyn

didn't get to see it either, i had planned on seeing but i was tired, so i decided to sleep and get up later and watch it, but i either slept through my alarm or the alarm was never set.  :/
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

dhavalmistry

taken from Toronto, Canada
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"