Clear day

Started by dhavalmistry, March 25, 2007, 12:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

this render was pain in the a$$..I had to crop render the image into 3 parts and then stitch together....I kept crashing while rendering probably because of huge amount of population (40000 x 25000)

anyway, I hope you all like it... :)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Mavcat

Doesnt really look realistic but that doesnt matter :)Water is very nice! Maybe brighten the sun down a bit,it hurts my eyes :P and try adding a slope max so the trees wont appear everywhere,that'll make it more realistic :)

FrankB

I have to disagree with mavcat, I think the lighting is excellent. But I can align to his advice on limiting the tree distribution with slope and altitude constraints.

Frank

neon22

wow....  Beautiful...

rcallicotte

I like it.  Reminds me of the movie with Leonardo where he's on an island with scads of "free-loving" people.  Anyway, the only thing I see that I would change would be the color on the most forward mountains.  That looks unrealistic for some reason.  I'm not sure if it's because of the haze or lack of haze of the distance from the other mountains behind it.  It somehow looks false.  Otherwise, I like it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

the atmosphere looks great, maybe a little less haze?... also how many tree are there, how much ram do you have. my panorama render had a tree size 45000x35000 and didn't crash once with 1gb ram.. i'll keep a note of this and maybe test it if i ever use such a large pop size again.

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Oshyan

Remember that it's not the size of your populated area in meters that matters - it's the overall number of populated objects, which depends also on population spacing.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 25, 2007, 08:31:30 PM
the atmosphere looks great, maybe a little less haze?... also how many tree are there, how much ram do you have. my panorama render had a tree size 45000x35000 and didn't crash once with 1gb ram.. i'll keep a note of this and maybe test it if i ever use such a large pop size again.

the haze is set to 0.5 only....its the haze height...I brought it down a bit. there are around 300000 instances of trees in the population with 50 object spacing....and I have 2GB of ram so...I dont know why it was crashing....I always had problems with populations....

I originally started with 4 different populations (foreground left, 2 in the background and a foreground right) but it was crashing every 2 seconds....so I decided to go with only 1 population with BIG coverage area....

I agree with lowering sun intensity...but the haze barely have any effect in the scene if I lower the sun intensity

by the way all 3 renders only took about half hour to render together and about 2 mins to stitch them together....

and thanx for all your comments and I am glad that you guys like it....

this is what I started with (interesting effect in clouds)
and the atmosphere is set to 128 samples.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"