Medieval Windmill

Started by Dune, February 06, 2011, 03:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

excellent update ulco, though I too agree about the blue paint?
aesthetically speaking of course!
maybe red would be nicer?

choronr

Extra fine and photo-realistic ...the painted color is a matter of choice - would look good in any color.

Dune

I'll try some red, and make it semi-transparent (wood shining through). It's too fat here anyway.

Redwolf

for some reason I cant view the update here, where as it says 17 posts, i see only 13, I get this trouble with a few others here as well as my last post.

Volker Harun

I really like the mood in this image. Very convincing render and a very good PoV ... red is a good idea ... this kind of red of swedish cottages I assume ,-)

Dune

Sorry, I kept it blue, although a more subtle, old color, semi-transparent and with a little shine, like real paint. It's on my website... www.ulco-art.nl as I'm quite pleased with it as well.

inkydigit

so you should be Ulco...very excellent work!

Redwolf

excellent render, and im quite impressed with those paintings too
what you use oil or alkyds?, I find alkyd a better medium to use as a its ultrafast drying

Dune

Mostly oils, mixed with alkyd medium indeed, but also watercolor, and some illustrations done in Photoshop with a Wacom pen (like the tawny owl and fox in illustrations).

Dune

Here's another setting with windmill and medieval dwelling.

Redwolf

Another nice pov, I reckon the rutted road should be darker, brownish, at the moment it looks like wet concrete

inkydigit

another great pov indeed, maybe the muddy track isn't so bad...but could be tweaked a little?

Henry Blewer

I like the path. Looks like a sandy, coastal track.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Floating.Point

Looks wonderful. I personally preferred the earlier pov. I think the use of objects in this scene feels just right. It Certainly doesn't have that "first person shooter computer game look" that often occurs in terragen. Nice one!

Dune

Maybe the mud could be somewhat darker/browner to better show the wet bluish tinted parts... anyway, here's another sunset version. I know there's some grain in the sky, too bad. And I really should have a nicer colorful sunset sky