Aeolus final

Started by freelancah, March 10, 2011, 09:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freelancah

I have done a gazillion renderings of this thing changing small things, big things and yet I think I cant ever call this thing done :P
Anyway I'm going to try, or it will end up being one of those "forever" projects that everyone has a few.

Here's a couple of renderings. The last one has some color work but others are just pure renders, no post..

Seth

inkydigit

:o :o :o
:)
super space shots...you hitch a lift on the shuttle??

FrankB

these are absolutely awesome renders! You can be proud!  :)

cyphyr

VERY good indeed!
Agree with FrankB, be proud indeed.
I assume that there is one or more image masks in there.
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

freelancah

Thanks guys!
Inkydigit: I wish :D
cyphyr: There is 2 masks. 1 for eye, 1 for the main shape. You can get pretty good results with just making a proper alpha and I would say that it's necessary to get away with least work. It's almost the same scene which I shared in the files sharing section of the forum

Xynedia

Oshyan

Pretty much photographic at this point. Very nice. I wonder if you have an animated version of that mask... ;D

- Oshyan

freelancah

Heh. You know I actually rendered a 1 sec animation @ 720p. Very much flicker free result around 55 minutes/frame. But this was somewhat high settings and I think I can tone down the time somewhat. Will do some experiments and see what happens. I think I could try some camera movement from eye, to the place where camera is now. The eye looks pretty decent at closeup due having a separate mask system

Seth

I keep going back on those !!!!
great great renders !!!

Oshyan

Animation = yes! Are you raytracing the atmosphere?

- Oshyan

FrankB

Quote from: freelancah on March 11, 2011, 12:34:37 PM
Very much flicker free result around 55 minutes/frame.

Hehehe, I too wouldn't notice any flicker staring at an animation that lasts 55 minutes per frame :D :D :D

freelancah

Haha I suppose you are quite right, but I must say that I started testing the animation before there were such thing as raytrace atmo and my server crunches animations a bit slower than my i7 so I think there is still some hope left :P I will probably finish my volcano scene before I will touch this again, break will do some good, I think  ;)

freelancah

Forgot this one..A Closeup! Turned it back to a WIP. I think i'l render and do some postwork for this thing alone

Henry Blewer

The eye looks very awesome.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T