Mountains

Started by TheBlackHole, March 25, 2011, 12:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

This is extremely simple. Just put the tgc into your scene and connect it to your displacement stack.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

cadmar

Thank you for the file.

I imported the tgc file into terragen 2. Now, I do not see any node that says displacement stack or even displacement? When I import the tgc file, a new terrain set of nodes appear, they are,
Heightfield Generate 01_1 , which is connected to a shader called Heightfield Shader 01_1 & that connects to Compute terrain _1

The Compute terrain _1 is not connected to anything, nor is the other side of Heightfield Generate 01_1. Exactly where does compute terrain_1 connect to? I do not know what a displacement stack is?

Sorry for asking the question here. I just find it easier since I am talking about this tgc file. I've tried other tgc files & have not yet been able to get them to do anything once I import them.

Dune

tgc files are just a set of nodes (or just one node), so you'll have to connect them in a logical place. And that very much (VERY MUCH) depends on the nature of the tgc. If they are a set of rocks, you can use them as a child of a surface layer. But if they are a large terrain, you'd have to connect it somewhere before compute terrain.

cadmar

Quote from: Dune on December 14, 2012, 04:07:00 AM
tgc files are just a set of nodes (or just one node), so you'll have to connect them in a logical place. And that very much (VERY MUCH) depends on the nature of the tgc. If they are a set of rocks, you can use them as a child of a surface layer. But if they are a large terrain, you'd have to connect it somewhere before compute terrain.

Thank you.

I will certainly have to read up on tgc files. It won't become logical to me until I understand what all these nodes are & do.