image disection

Started by walwop, March 27, 2011, 12:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walwop

hello,

is any one willing to tell me how to achieve these kind of terrains with terragen, i am aware that the distance shader can be used to
control the terrain and archive similar results like this or am i totally wrong?

in vue i would use hyper terrains but i don't know how to achieve something like this in terragen

http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/f/tg2/sand_castles_jeff_quick.jpg.html

thanks in advance

Dune

The constructor himself would be able to tell you exactly, but my educated guess would be two inverted crater shaders, or simple shape shaders+ displacement, after which the towers are redirected (X/Z). The sand might be formed by using sinus (blue) functions. There's a tutorial about that in the documentation area.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dune on March 27, 2011, 03:11:26 AM
The constructor himself would be able to tell you exactly, but my educated guess would be two inverted crater shaders, or simple shape shaders+ displacement, after which the towers are redirected (X/Z). The sand might be formed by using sinus (blue) functions. There's a tutorial about that in the documentation area.

My guess too.
If I remember correctly the sand-shader here is a photo-texture.

walwop

thanks for the reply guys i will try what you said and see if i get similar results

in the mean time i have exported a hyper terrain[rock object] from vue with displacement/colour maps but when i import the objects as an obj it doest import the colour map.

FrankB

see attached project file - this is essentially how it works.

Regards;
Frank

walwop

wow that looks deceivingly simple

i see so the redirect shader is what gives it the this distorted look

thanks man you just saved me allot of head ache, not to mention hair  ;D