Clear Water!

Started by sonshine777, March 28, 2007, 09:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

I stumbled across an interesting phenomenon while trying to add a glisten to my dry lake bed.
I wasn't happy with the reflection shader (too plastic) so I tried plugging in the water shader and
my preview window started to show the water and the dry mud image.
Mind you it is an optical illusion Move the camera up or down (mainly down) and you can see the
contour of the terrain. But you can see through the water to the mud layer.

I have included a .tgc of the nodes and a screen shot. The dry mud image was too big to post (32 meg using 7-zip)

Hopefully it will be of some use to those bent on doing the impossible. :) :) :)

sonshine777

Here is the Node Screen Shot

king_tiger_666

that's impressive:D. did you make the mud image or have a source to it? or maybe resize it so its not a whopping 32mb ;D ;D

it also looks like there is a gradual increase in water depth too ;D
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

child@play

wow, really amazing   :)

got to make more coffee, need to play with this   ;D

edit:   pretty good ice aswell, glaciers  8)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

sonshine777

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 28, 2007, 09:17:40 PM
that's impressive:D. did you make the mud image or have a source to it? or maybe resize it so its not a whopping 32mb ;D ;D

it also looks like there is a gradual increase in water depth too ;D

I will try to pare it down to get it to an e-mailable size.

Edit: I forgot that this was a .bmp (old TG) that is why it is 32 meg  I have changed it to a .jpg and it is now 6 meg for the 4079x4079 version and a sized down 1600x1600 version is 864 kb. I will post them on Terranuts downloads section under textures. They should be approved to down load by tomorrow.

old_blaggard

That's pretty cool.  Nice job!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

king_tiger_666

my email takes 20mb attachments if your keen to email me it that would be great:D.. emails on my profile

mrwho

sonshine777

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 29, 2007, 03:58:06 AM
my email takes 20mb attachments if your keen to email me it that would be great:D.. emails on my profile

Your email shows as being hidden in your profile. :)

king_tiger_666

opps its feedback.raw(at)slingshot.co.nz

thanks ;D ;D