The White Tower v8 new sun position

Started by Zairyn Arsyn, April 10, 2011, 01:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zairyn Arsyn

the same tower, in a full scene.
im going to do more renders in different pov's so you can get a idea of what the area looks like....
i'm pretty happy with this piece or series..

populations/objects used:

3x nwda spruce trees (19m, 25m, 35m)
3x  nwda wild grass (pack 3)  
1x mr. miley bush

also using nwda's fake stones pack as well

comments, critiques or suggestions welcome.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

dhavalmistry

nice work....I really like the sense of scale here.....but what is that line running from the top of the tower??....

and also a little bit more build up at the base of the tower would help!....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Zairyn Arsyn

the line is a laser like projectile coming from a turret towards the top
there are multiple turrets placed near the top and bottom
they dont look as good at this quality/AA/resolution

the base of the tower is actually is'nt visible, from this pov,

you can see all the turrets in action on this link-
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11968.0;attach=29980;image
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W

Kadri

I like this image ! Would be nice maybe to see the lower side but this image has a nice science fiction feeling!

Zaai999 because of you i want to finish my very old project that i couldn't finish (like many others :)) nearly 15 years ago.
The tower do look in a way similar , but mine isn't organic looking. In those days there wasn't programs like Terragen 2 unfortunately.

Your first pictures with the tower didn't much resonate with me. But i really like this one  :)

Zairyn Arsyn

now from higher up.
next i will add more trees, down by and around the tower.

C&C welcome

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: zaai999 on April 10, 2011, 05:27:16 PM
now from higher up.
next i will add more trees, down by and around the tower.

C&C welcome

I'd say that you have a nice balance of trees in the image already that proportionality establish the scale of the tower and IMHO the image dose not require the addition of further trees, without impacting of the aesthetic thus-far established. This now [IMHO] -Speaking of the Image- needs objects smaller in scale grasses etc in the open areas. These things, I leave to you and your vision for you image, what I have mentioned is only offered in way of what small offerings I may give.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel ;D     

dandelO

Hi, Lane. I think that you should go back closer to the POV you had before in the tower example images, for the following reasons...

Not that this one lacks anything at all, it's really cool, but to truly appreciate the scale of this f*cker, I think it's best to see the detailing of the surface and the minuteness of everything else around it in comparison. Do you know what I mean?

I just think if some kind of everyday objects are used as a comparison then, the entire scene-render seems all the more 'BIGGER', know?
What I mean is that, if you have the tower at extremely large scale(and as the focal point, as before) then really tiny views of skyscrapers and trees and such would accentuate that all the more.

I'm not knocking this at all, though! I think this is really cool!
This is just my first idea of seeing both scenes together now. The first ones seem *MASSIVE*, this one, not so huge. Is all I mean.

Hope you get what I'm saying, it's not meant to downgrade this render at all. :)

Dune

What you actually should do, is animate this. Going from a 'normal looking' landscape with 'just a spire' to a closer look, where its immensity is truly shown. Fly underneath it, over the buildings and the viewer will fall off his chair!

Oshyan

Agreed! An animation would give a great "reveal".

- Oshyan

Zairyn Arsyn

the idea of doing a animation (or storyboard) had crossed my mind.... and this scene reminds me of Forgotten forest, from the 2010 nwda contest,
i will get to work on setting up the camera motion path as soon as i can. :)
Quote from: Dune on April 11, 2011, 02:41:53 AM
What you actually should do, is animate this. Going from a 'normal looking' landscape with 'just a spire' to a closer look, where its immensity is truly shown. Fly underneath it, over the buildings and the viewer will fall off his chair!
:D
Quote from: Oshyan on April 11, 2011, 02:50:19 AM
Agreed! An animation would give a great "reveal".

- Oshyan
Dark Era, The Way through the Forest, & The Wastelands of Khann are all related- geographically, i have made them to illustrate some fictional locations, regions, landmarks.. they each tell story, have a history.

the buildings in my last thread were just there for comparison, and they have no place in this scene now, and because of that i will add some structures or something around the base of the tower to make it seem a little more developed i guess.
i'm also thinking of adding some of FrankB's better grass clumps to some areas.

Zairyn Arsyn

last night's render, currently rendering half of the animation sequence with just the tree pops enabled. ;)
(the camera fly up over the hill, and then rise up and fly back down while giving us a view of the tower)
i think will wait for TG2 64 to do a more population heavy animation

the population distribution is more to my liking in this iteration

C&C welcome

Zairyn Arsyn

the sequence practically finished just as i was leaving for work this morning. :D
talk about inconvient timing...

horrible afternoon at work yesterday, did'nt have a computer for most of the afternoon, tech support had my computer.
my computer had a nasty bad case of spyware, windows XP security 2011 crap...
:(

Kadri

Quote from: zaai999 on April 20, 2011, 01:41:30 PM
the sequence practically finished just as i was leaving for work this morning. :D
horrible afternoon at work yesterday, did'nt have a computer for most of the afternoon, tech support had my computer.

I feel your pain!
One Windows 7 did crash last week here at home . So far no cure.
I resist to format so far . I hate to install everything every time.

I hope your files are safe , zaai999!

Oshyan

Quote from: zaai999 on April 20, 2011, 01:41:30 PM

Ouch. A friend of mine *just* got that a couple days ago. Seems to be going around. A System Restore from the previous day seems to have handled it though, fortunately.

- Oshyan

Zairyn Arsyn

yeah it happens....

one of the guys in my department said he might just build me new computer :) yay upgrade!
*this machine i use here at my job is'nt exactly adqueate for 3d and video editing. not up to my standards.

my home PC (tg2 machine) is safe for now, i have Norton Internet Security 2011, as well as some other removal dection tools.
i have'nt had any serious problems since late 2009.
its in much better condition.