Obj to tgo convert

Started by Lalla, April 13, 2011, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

There's no mistake in projection camera. The images need to be UV-mapped, not camera-mapped.
Regardless of that, you were accidentially looking in the wrong tab of the shader.

Instead of the "images" tab you should go one tab to the left to "opacity".
Once there you should re-read my previous post here and try again.
Briefly that was to check if "use alpha channel" is enabled and test it with a render...if this doesn't work then manually create a seperate opacity map and load that as opacity image.
I'm pretty sure the problem is there.

You can also post your .tgd file here or e-mail it to me. I have all the Xfrog models, so you won't have to include it.

Lalla

Here is tgd.
Lalla

Tangled-Universe

Weird, your object does not match with any of the ones from the Xfrog megabundle I have.
I have your judas tree in the "mediterranean" and "blossoming" bundle, but in both the models do not have textures for flowers (BS01flo1.tiff and BS01flo2.tiff) but only for petals.
I'd need the .obj model and textures to really help you out.

What I did see though, is that in all the flower and leaf textures no opacity map was specified.
So my assumption was right, you need to fix the opacity maps.
Check my first message and follow it exactly.

bobbystahr

Just ran a test against the .tgo Judas Tree that was part of the XFROG free bundle that they gave away a whie back.
2 things...1. the .obj tree in the .tgd does not sit on the ground, and 2. no matter what textures I put on it from the free version it stays black....zero texture[see image...obj on the left] renders tho they seem to show up fine in the parts shader when applied. I think you have some corrupted files and I would ask for another download link for them
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lalla

Texture file are not corrupted, they work properely on xfrog, I've troubles only on tg2.

Lalla

cyphyr

Try this. In the trees internal network find the image map shader and go to the Colour tab and UNTICK Unpremultiply.

Hope this helps

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Lalla

Quote from: cyphyr on April 17, 2011, 04:48:24 AM
Try this. In the trees internal network find the image map shader and go to the Colour tab and UNTICK Unpremultiply.

Hope this helps

Richard

Done, nothing to do... :(

I'm very angry...
Lalla

cyphyr

very odd, I have tried with my models from the mega pack and they work fine, no alterations needed. From which XFrog source did you get the model? Mega bundle, individual Turbosquid download, free XFrog give-away? As TU said, I also have the mega bundle and their is no mention of the leaf texture your using in there.
cyphyr
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

cyphyr

OK problem sorted:
Go to the internal network of your judas tree.
You'll see 6 default shaders.
The first one is the trunk shader, leave this alone for now.

The other shaders are called:

Default_CE1c shader
Default_CE2 shader
Default_leaves shader
Default_CE2b shader
Default_CE1b shader

In each shader copy the name of the colour image from the colour tab to the opacity image in the opacity tab and make sure to check the use alpha channel tick box.

Interestingly this is a completely different model to the one we have in the mega bundle. Well actually the base trunk and twigs seem the same but the flowers are very much simpler in your model.

Good Luck

Richard

ps: image attached showing your modified tree on the left compared to the tree of the same name as supplied in the "Mega Pack"
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

bobbystahr

Oddly enough Richard that's what I did for my test image and it still turned out black...hmmmm
My tree was from that free .tgo pack recently offered.. ....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

schellmann

Hi cyphyr,
I can confirm your method works, but I don't want to do that EVERYTIME I load one of these trees (.obj).
Is there a way to make this modification permanent?
And BTW, it looks to me as if TG2 misinterprets XFROG obj files.
When I load an .obj with the default settings in TG2 it appears VERY SMALL. After I uncheck "source in cm" it appears to be OK

Happy Easter :)

PS. I am using XFROGPlants Europe 3 (obj)

Cheers, Dirk

schellmann

OK, I found it :) Sorry for a dumb question

cyphyr

Yes once you have done this for each tree your using, right click on the obj node and select "Save Object File" and you'll be able to export the Obj out as an Tgo, the changes will be permanently saved in the new file
Guess you've figured this out already but I thought I'd post anyway.
Cheers and happy chocolate bunny day
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

schellmann

exactly, but I have to add the new extension ".tgo" everytime, which is a bit cumbersome.
If I just select "Save As TGO" w/o adding the extension TG2 attempts to overwrite the existing .obj file and THAT file doesn't work

bobbystahr

Quote from: schellmann on April 24, 2011, 06:14:44 AM
exactly, but I have to add the new extension ".tgo" everytime, which is a bit cumbersome.
If I just select "Save As TGO" w/o adding the extension TG2 attempts to overwrite the existing .obj file and THAT file doesn't work
Something screwy there as I don't believe TG2 will over write an .obj as it doesn't sav as such. Whenever I've "saved as a .tgo" the dialogue open up in the dir. the model came from and only .tgo is available as as a save option. I've never had to add the extension as that happens automatically upon saving.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New