Obj to tgo convert

Started by Lalla, April 13, 2011, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalla

I want to use some xfrogs plants on tg2.
I've tried to convert xfr files in obj (and then in lwo format) and then load onto tg2 with obj/lwo reader node but...nothing is shown, only a wireframe.
Textures are in exact way.
Why happens this?

Thanks.
Lalla

Oshyan

The LWO reader does not support texture loading. Just use an OBJ reader, no need to convert to LWO. TG2 reads OBJ natively.

- Oshyan

Lalla

This is what I see when I load plants:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is plant directory:

I load object via object/add object/obj reader,  maybe I make some errors here?

Lalla

Oshyan

No, that's correct. You're seeing a bounding box, the 3D preview does not show Wireframes by default. Did you try rendering? You should see the plant in a render. To turn on Wireframes, click the icon at the top of the 3D Preview that has a blue cube in it and select Show As Wireframes. If you don't have this button you need to upgrade to the latest version.

- Oshyan

Lalla

Now I see a tree but without textures.
Lalla

goldfarb

without looking at the files directly...

open the .mtl file and see if it's pointing to the textures in a different place than you have them...
--
Michael Goldfarb | Senior Technical Director | SideFX | Toronto | Canada

jo

Hi Lalla,

Just to be clear, TG2 will only display bounding boxes or wireframes in the 3D Preview, which is that area in the top right of the main window which shows your scene. It doesn't display textures or do smooth shading.

When you do an actual render you should see the fully textured object.

Regards,

Jo

Lalla

Mtl file

What I see with rendered image:

Lalla

Tangled-Universe

That looks like an opacity issue:

The CL01NED.tif image is for the leafs, isn't it?
The tiff file should contain an alpha channel.

Inside the node-network navigate to your object and double-click on the '+' at the right of the node. Repeat until you see the bark and leaf shader seperately.
Double click on the leafshader (it should be a red node with 16 input ports) and go to the opacity tab.
In that tab CL01NED.tif should be mentioned as opacity image and "use alpha channel" should be checked.

Did this work? If not, read on...

Open the tif in an image editor and make an opacity map yourself as sometimes the alpha channel isn't present or it isn't working properly.
Paint the leaf white and the remaining pixels black (see example) and save that image as a jpg or bmp.
Use this b&w image as opacity image and uncheck "use alpha channel".
In all cases this approach should work.

bobbystahr

As well in the default shader there's a Specularity tab...this slider should be set to black as a lot of models load with .5-1 Specularity[gray-white] and it should show black[0 on the colour box]...just my 2 cents Canadian.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lalla

Nothing to do...

This is what I see after zooming...

I'm very sad...
Lalla

Oshyan

Try checking or unchecking the Unpremultiply option in Colour tab of your Image Map Shader for the leaf texture.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

or better yet post some screen grabs of the various tabs in the default shader for the leaf...be easier to advise that way.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Lalla

I've understand error,is here:

A mistake on projection camera.

This is correct:

I've changed all camera projection for all parts, but rendered image is not still correct, camera see each part, not togheter, and render is so:

Lalla

PorcupineFloyd

Turning off unpremultiply colour should work. It always worked for me.