Giant Anthill excavated

Started by inkydigit, April 26, 2011, 08:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

rcallicotte

Poor ants that gave their lives so we could say they're so amazing.  Boo.   :-\
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

yes indeed ^^
imagine big fellows coming on Earth, just doing the same thing these guys did to this anthill... scary !

rcallicotte

Yeah.  Ants really are amazing.

Hopefully no one "out there" gets those ideas.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Henry Blewer

Well, it seems there are these mice out in the galaxy. They are trying to answer the one unanswered question left in the universe...

Insects really are amazing. They are one of my favorite animal groups, right next to mammals.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

I don't particularly like insects, especially not in swarms or in giant populations like this ant thing.
It's true, their "achievements" and skills as a population are astounding, but I also find them scary.

If I were god, I'd at least admit to have made a mistake by inventing mosquitos, wasps and spiders. Come on, everyone makes mistakes and should admit and revert them ;)

Kadri

Quote from: FrankB on April 27, 2011, 03:51:34 PM
If I were god, I'd at least admit to have made a mistake by inventing mosquitos, wasps and spiders. Come on, everyone makes mistakes and should admit and revert them ;)

LOL!

Henry Blewer

I don't like mosquitos. Spiders are very cool. Wasps I have no likes or dislikes for. I like flutterbys, but they can be really gross because of the things they eat.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: njeneb on April 27, 2011, 08:20:30 PM
I don't like mosquitos. Spiders are very cool. Wasps I have no likes or dislikes for. I like flutterbys, but they can be really gross because of the things they eat.
there should never be mosquitos in December where i live, happened last year, very uncool.   >:(

i have a giant moth phobia, but butterflies dont bother me at all.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

FrankB

Quote from: zaai999 on April 28, 2011, 01:58:13 PM
there should never be mosquitos in December where i live, happened last year, very uncool.   >:(

+1 , you are right. No mosquitos in December, that is just wrong.
Also, glad you mention moths. If they vanish from the face of this planet... you won't see me cry ;)
I have no phobia for them, but the stupid things are attracted by light paired with mosquitos, they are the main thing preventing me from leaving the windows open on hot summer nights. Which sucks.

max_thehitman

There should be a law against this sort of brutality against ants and their hill mounts  :P
Fifty whiplashes on the ass against any law breaker!

LOL

penang

Quote from: calico on April 26, 2011, 08:58:15 AMPoor ants that gave their lives so we could say they're so amazing.  Boo.   :-\

Poor ants are still better than human beings.

At least they won't go robbing and protest and rape other ants.

Zairyn Arsyn

at least not in this eon  :D
Quote from: penang on May 06, 2011, 08:36:36 AM
Quote from: calico on April 26, 2011, 08:58:15 AMPoor ants that gave their lives so we could say they're so amazing.  Boo.   :-\

Poor ants are still better than human beings.

At least they won't go robbing and protest and rape other ants.

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

TheBlackHole

Quote from: FrankB on April 28, 2011, 02:28:00 PM
Quote from: zaai999 on April 28, 2011, 01:58:13 PM

+1 , you are right. No mosquitos in December, that is just wrong.
Also, glad you mention moths. If they vanish from the face of this planet... you won't see me cry ;)
I have no phobia for them, but the stupid things are attracted by light paired with mosquitos, they are the main thing preventing me from leaving the windows open on hot summer nights. Which sucks.

Get windows with screens over them. Problem solved. :)
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?