Nuclear Dump Site 2

Started by dhavalmistry, March 31, 2007, 12:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

In this one....I just realized that the lightning looks kinda wrong...the light should be hitting the clouds on top not at the bottom (if the scene is being lit by the nebula in the background, that is what looks like in this pic) but I have the sun near horizon thats why clouds are lit from bottom....

I think this is more dynamic/interesting camera angle than the other one......

I hope you like it
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

The lighting doesn't bother me too much.  I like the camera angle and the terrain, as well as the colors in the atmosphere.  There's an odd line in the sky along the left, though; did you do a crop render or is that an odd tiling thing from an image map?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

oh ya...I didnt even notice it.....I didnt crop the render and that is definitely not the image map tile thing.....I know that because th planet in the background between clouds is part of the image map and if you look toward the left edge of the render you will see stars which are also the part of image map...besides, I dont have any of the repeat option enabled

Oshyan

The line may be due to a cloud acceleration cache issue we're currently working on (along with optimization).

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

I had cloud acceleration off....

Oshyan

Interesting. It could be useful if you would send the file to support@planetside.co.uk (or post here) so we can verify if it's a bug or simply due to your scene settings.

- Oshyan